All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
What are you all reading?

I really need to read more. I think it would help settle my mind. I have had this book by the bed for at least six months now but I'm only a few chapters in.

Carla Neggers - The River House.

scoutandmaxine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've just started The Witching Tree by Alice Blanchard. Its the 3rd book in the Natalie Lockhart series. I'm also listening to an audiobook, Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I think I'm on the 4th book. Its such a fun series, I'm glad there's so many more to go.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm reading Parke Godwin's Arthurian cycle. Currently on the third book, "Beloved Exile," which is the story of Gwenever after Arthur's death. It is fascinating, as Godwin deftly handles the old magic of legends, and turns them into a reality that leaves you thinking, "Yes, it actually could have happened like that!"

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Now working on #32 (LORD, Lynsay is prolific!), "Meant to be Immortal." After I finish that one, I'll start on Parke Godwin's Robin Hood books. I'm hoping that they are as good as the Arthurian cycle was! At some point, I'll also start on "Go Tell the Bees That I am Gone," the new Diana Gabaldon novel, and possibly the last of the Outlander series. Haven't read anything about it yet, been avoiding that, but the title tells me that someone important almost certainly dies.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished State of Terror and thought it was really good. One of the co-authors is Hillary Clinton. The other is Louise Penny, who is a Canadian author, that I've (embarrassingly) never heard of before.

At some point, I'll also start on "Go Tell the Bees That I am Gone," the new Diana Gabaldon novel, and possibly the last of the Outlander series. Haven't read anything about it yet, been avoiding that, but the title tells me that someone important almost certainly dies.
I was lucky and was able to borrow the e-book from my library as soon as it was released, so I've read it already. It is very LONG and took me almost every minute of my 21 days to read it. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it, before I say anything more.

Winchester Winchester : did you ever read it?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading Burden of Power: An epic fantasy political drama (The Wallkeeper trilogy), by Caren Hahn. I'm enjoying it enough that just loaded Books 2 & 3 to my Kindle Unlimited.

She’s not ready to rule. But when the king goes mad, she doesn't have a choice.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I put "Lord of Sunset" aside to read the January selection, "A Lion Called Christian." I've now finished that, and will go back to "Lord of Summer."

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finished "A Lion Called Christian" and have begun reading "Lord of Summer" where I left off. My big issue with this book is that the story is told from several points of view. I do see the reason for that, but I've jumped between so many characters that I've begun to get confused about who is who in any particular chapter!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Currently on book 4 of the Harry Potter series. I'm loving the series it's so good!
It's a great series, and you're lucky to be able to read it straight through without having to wait for the next book to be released.

Finished "A Lion Called Christian"
I'm currently reading it, and loving it.

1642251205528.png

Status
Not open for further replies.