All Things Books and Reading Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a old style paperback edition of Game of Thrones, font is way too small for me. Has anyone here read the book?
I think I got it from the free book room at the library.
Yes, it's very good!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have finished "Dune," and am reading "Paul of Dune." This one is new to me, written by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson. It covers the previously unknown period between "Dune" and "Dune Messiah."

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently reread a book entitled The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve. I not only forgot some of , I remembered things incorrectly!!
It's a great book as a lot of hers are.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently reread a book entitled The Pilot's Wife, by Anita Shreve. I not only forgot some of , I remembered things incorrectly!!
It's a great book as a lot of hers are.
I forgot all about that book. I read that book, many many years ago. It was very good... Anita Shreve is a very good writer.
Another good book by her is: Sea Glass. Very good.

I have read so many good books over the years, during my commute to work, that I cannot remember the titles. Thank you for jogging my memory..

For our Bookclub, They have chosen one of my favorites. It is "A Discovery of Witches". I am re-reading it for the 3rd time; still thoroughly enjoying it. Last week, I ran into one of the club members. She told me that she is, "Really getting into the book!"...

Hooray, a success!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know The Lounge has a ton of threads, so it can be hard to keep on top of them, but if anyone who posts/lurks in this general reading thread is interested, our TCS book club is doing "Choose Your Own Book" this month. Which means instead of everyone reading the same book, everyone chose their own book, or books, to read.

We've started the review part now, and already there's been a lot of really interesting books reviewed. So maybe check out the thread, if you have time, as you might find a book to add to your own reading wish list.

And if you've read something in the last 3 weeks, stop on by and tell us about it.

Last year we had 11 members participate, who read a total of 14 books.
Let's see if we can match, or even beat, those totals this year.

October 2022 book of the month club - 3 year anniversary - Choose Your Own Book

1666551384003.png

Status
Not open for further replies.