All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Winchester . like you, not a great fan of James Patterson. Anyone who claims to churn out as many books per year as him cant be putting much thought into them. Having said that, I do enjoy the Alex Cross and Womans Murder Club . I recently reread Sidney Sheldon books. Still good stories.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Winchester . like you, not a great fan of James Patterson. Anyone who claims to churn out as many books per year as him cant be putting much thought into them. Having said that, I do enjoy the Alex Cross and Womans Murder Club . I recently reread Sidney Sheldon books. Still good stories.
Have you read any Harlan Coben? He has good murder mysteries. I don't like his series - Myron Bolitar but I do like his individual stories.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you read any Harlan Coben? He has good murder mysteries. I don't like his series - Myron Bolitar but I do like his individual stories.
Yes read all of his up to the Mickey. Bolitar ones, dont like those. I also enjoy Lee Child. I was secretly in love with Jack Reacher until Tom Cruise was cast as him. Jack Reacher is supposed to be about 6ft 4 and 200+ Tom Cruise is...not.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes read all of his up to the Mickey. Bolitar ones, dont like those. I also enjoy Lee Child. I was secretly in love with Jack Reacher until Tom Cruise was cast as him. Jack Reacher is supposed to be about 6ft 4 and 200+ Tom Cruise is...not.
I hear you! Every time a Jack Reacher movie comes on, I tell my husband - that is NOT Jack Reacher!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading The Lying Game by Ruth Ware. She also wrote, In a Dark, Dark Wood, The Woman in Cabin 10, The Death of Mrs, Westaway, and The Turn of the Key. There are 2 other people ahead of me for The Turn of the Key.

I just put in a request for On the Beach from another library and that should arrive by weeks end. Final Girls by Riley Sager is waiting for me at the library.

On my tablet, I'm reading Divided House:Dark Yorkshire series Book 1, by J.M.
Dalgliesh. 4.1.5 Stars by Goodreads and 4.1.5 starts Amazon UK. I cannot read hard copy books in bed because of my arm probs so I always have something good on the tablet. I just started it last night and I really like it.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you can tolerate a hard copy book I bet you could get it quicker as I only had to wait 2 weeks, if not you have something to look forward to.
I also reserve both the regular copy and the large print copy. I often get the large print copy in first.

I have also started buying a book on Kindle. This way I can read on my iPad or if I'm out I have my phone and can read my book on that.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well...I'm STILL plowing thought the Mrs. Murphy series. I just finished "Cat of the Century," which is my least favorite so far. Like so many others, I felt that too much time was spent on expounding Ms. Brown's personal political views (circa 2000, BTW), and not enough on really developing the story itself. HOWEVER, that said, Mrs. Murphy, Pewter and Tee Tucker continue to delight.

AND I spent a fun hour reading "Sneaky Pie's Cookbook for Mystery Lovers." VERY short, not many recipes, but includes treats for humans, dogs, cats and horses, as well as some pithy comments from Sneaky Pie and some adorable illustrations. Will I use it? Only occasionally. Am I glad I have it? OH, yes.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you can tolerate a hard copy book I bet you could get it quicker as I only had to wait 2 weeks, if not you have something to look forward to.
I'm so spoiled by my e-reader, I'm not sure I could tolerate a hard copy book anymore. ;)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so spoiled by my e-reader, I'm not sure I could tolerate a hard copy book anymore. ;)
And I don't think I could ever be totally without them. It just isn't as satisfying to hug an ereader to your chest when you read something wonderful, or kiss the cover from sheer joy at a book. Yes, I do both of those. I really am a bibliophile!

Status
Not open for further replies.