All Thing Books And Reading Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The books the "Murder She Baked" movies are based on would be considered "cozy mysteries", right?
Murder, She Baked Movies | Hallmark Movies and Mysteries
Absolutely! And I love that series, BTW.

Well put. I knew someone would correct or expand my description. Thank you.
Yours was fine. I'm just a bit of a cozy fanatic. I can't help expounding on my favorite genre. I do love a good weighty tome on occasion, but generally I read for pleasure, and cozy mysteries give me a LOT of pleasure!

That said, I'm currently reading "The Unknown Ajax," by Georgette Heyer, who was, in my opinion, the queen of the Regency Romance books. I haven't read it in at least 40 years, and am having more fun renewing my acquaintance with a wonderful cast of characters!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Absolutely! And I love that series, BTW.

Yours was fine. I'm just a bit of a cozy fanatic. I can't help expounding on my favorite genre. I do love a good weighty tome on occasion, but generally I read for pleasure, and cozy mysteries give me a LOT of pleasure!

That said, I'm currently reading "The Unknown Ajax," by Georgette Heyer, who was, in my opinion, the queen of the Regency Romance books. I haven't read it in at least 40 years, and am having more fun renewing my acquaintance with a wonderful cast of characters!
I'm that way about Science Fiction -I refuse to call it Sci-Fi- fanatical. I can expound on the sub-genres, give lists of great writers and almost quote my favorite books. Sir Terry Pratchett (RIP) writes comparative science fiction in the Science of Discworld books.

At present I am re-reading some David Weber books. Pure space opera.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm stuck rereading the beginning of The Hunt Club, by John Lescroart. I start it, run out of time, it sits on the table and then I start over again lol
Hmmm... sounds like a book/reading version of Groundhog Day. :lol:

With 10,000 unread books in your library, how did you find time to fit in a re-read? :dizzy:

A second murder at the luxury B&B and now the guests have started to look at one another as the killer but have also found evidence of a stranger being at the premises.
That book sounds intriguing. What's it called again? :read:

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Sounds like a great book!
It is! Another great book written by a veterinarian I read this year was The Gift of Pets: Stories Only a Vet Could Tell by Bruce R. Coston. But be warned that has a disturbing part for cat people. And some parts made me cry. It's the kind of book that makes you cry hard and laugh hard. OK I guess I'm done for now. I will be checking out all the books you all listed on Goodreads in the following days! :banana2:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are a lot of them that are like Wing Commander series. Books based on a series of mid'90s computer games. I've got the whole DVD archived on my computer (1TB internal hard drive, 4TB external back-up drive).

Some Science Fiction authors don't appeal to me, but BookBub is broadening my interests with free books. And finally, Amazon always has free ebooks for anyone.

So, sometimes the best choice is to curl up with a few cats and an old familiar literary friend. :•)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Unwanted Guest's pace is way too slow for me. They have two bodies, blah, blah. I was previously reading the DI Helen Grace series; that guy can write. He writes for British and American television as well. After this, I'll read the next DI Helen that I'm getting from the inter Library loan. There were only supposed to be 7 but he wrote an 8th. I hope he just keeps them coming.

How are your books?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm almost done reading Ben-Hur. It is a bit slow. My sister wanted me to read it so I started and I've thought about stopping to move on to something more interesting. But my sister keeps begging me to finish it so I'm reading it for her.
I can't wait to finish it; I've got a book list a mile long.:gaah:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
With 10,000 unread books in your library, how did you find time to fit in a re-read? :dizzy:
GOOD LORD! I must have mis-typed something very badly somewhere! No, I don't own nearly 10,000 books. I do, however, own 850-some-odd books. There are about 100 unread at present, a bit over, since I just ordered the next eight of the Leaphorn and Chee series. And I can easily read 250 books per year, more depending on how many posts there are here for me to answer. My "To Buy" list, however, is entirely out of hand! The saving grace is that I can't afford to buy books every month, which allows me to get caught up, and also to indulge in re-reads!

Right now, I'm reading "Murder, She Meowed," the fifth Mrs. Murphy book. Actually, this is a re-read. I'd read 3-4 of the books, out of order, in the past, but now I have the entire series, so I'm reading them all in order. My "binge" thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.