Advice please regarding pregnant cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sometimes it's easier to name them a few weeks later when their little personalities begin to emerge. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it's easier to name them a few weeks later when their little personalities begin to emerge. [emoji]128522[/emoji]
He wants to name the girl Precious :)
He's now not sure on the boy for a name.
I'm still having to stimulate the kittens to do the toilet, do you think Jessie will pick that up or will she not bother because she's not been doing most of the things especially with being away from them the first night.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her instincts should kick in more when she feels better in a day or two. I figured you would have to help her initially. On occasion, in a situation like this, they may not kick in. We'll see.

I love the name precious! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I thought I had 2 boys. The vets partner seen us today and she thinks I have 1 boy and 1 girl. Can you ladies see what yous think of these 2.

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think they may be correct, I can't get a close look...but I think the top is female and the bottom male.
My own vet had said when they were first born that the top was a girl and the bottom a boy but his partner said today that it would have been harder to tell when they were first born. From what I looked at online I thought 2 boys but then the vet said today that the top was a girl and the bottom was a boy.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did Jessie and babies get a good vet report today?

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Did Jessie and babies get a good vet report today?
Yes they did thank you. The vet said they are gaining good weight and now that Jessie is happy to nurse I've only to give 1 or 2 feeds now just to top them up incase they aren't getting enough at night time from Jessie but if I can see they are feeding through the day then I don't need to do it every 2 hours anymore.
Jessie is doing a lot better now as well and seems to have some energy back in her as she was up and walking around the house a few times today plus she was running about the treatment room in the vets when I let her out of her cat carrier. I'm just glad the full ordeal is over with now, my emotions and nerves have been on a roller coaster the past couple of weeks.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes they did thank you. The vet said they are gaining good weight and now that Jessie is happy to nurse I've only to give 1 or 2 feeds now just to top them up incase they aren't getting enough at night time from Jessie but if I can see they are feeding through the day then I don't need to do it every 2 hours anymore.
Jessie is doing a lot better now as well and seems to have some energy back in her as she was up and walking around the house a few times today plus she was running about the treatment room in the vets when I let her out of her cat carrier. I'm just glad the full ordeal is over with now, my emotions and nerves have been on a roller coaster the past couple of weeks.
That's such good news!  Finally you and your family can enjoy the experience of having kittens in the house. 

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are such quiet little things unless Jessie moves away from them then the full house hears about it. I can't believe how big they've gotten already. The vet said they don't need to see them now till 8 weeks old for another check up as they are thriving. So fingers crossed no more problems and they continue to thrive and Jessie continues to get back to her usual self.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is fantastic news! I'm do glad to hear that Jessie and her kittens are doing well. What a relief! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

samjam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Our little girl kitten seems to be changing colour :/ she was dark / black when born but now she has very small ginger specks on her eye brows, her ears and some bits over her back. She has a white paw and a small white patch on her chest. I didn't know this was possible for their marking to change.

Mummy and kittens are thriving still, mummy is now nursing 100% on her own and also stimulating them on her own so they do the toilet. I also have both kittens booked in with the vet for October to be spayed/neutered.

jessritchie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Topaz had her babies yesterday.. 4 of them. She had a long labor from 9pm to 3:45 pm the next day. The lengthy deliver was due to the first and biggest kitten coming out butt first.. they are so beautiful and we have one kitten that's black 2 gray and black tiger striped and Kuala bear looking baby...

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
samjam samjam

Aww. How sweet! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

I'm happy to hear that mom is well enough to do all the nursing and cleaning now.

You are so on top of things to have them booked for spay/neuter in October.

And yes, kitten coat colors often change as they mature. It's very interesting! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Topaz had her babies yesterday.. 4 of them. She had a long labor from 9pm to 3:45 pm the next day. The lengthy deliver was due to the first and biggest kitten coming out butt first.. they are so beautiful and we have one kitten that's black 2 gray and black tiger striped and Kuala bear looking baby...
What a beautiful little family [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️