Advice and reassurance needed please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Frankie1406

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately Im none the wiser about Willow being pregnant. I do believe she still is as she still has a tummy but I’m starting to sound a little crazy to all my friends and family 🤣
No visible movements but bumps and lumps appearing and changing shape.
Vulva still swollen with now clear discharge 9 days after birth of first kitten.
I believe as rare as it is she has escaped while pregnant and mated again so looking out over the next two weeks for other signs.

Right now we are focusing on Willow and the female kitten we have 😊 Willow is an amazing mum and little Miko as we call her is doing excellent. Eyes started to open on day 8 and she’s actually bigger than average (her weights are below and my son loves helping me weigh her) but I’m guessing that’s because she has access to all the milk!
I’ve included some photos of Willow’s possible pregnant shape and the kitten 😊 thank you so much for this site, a lot of info and knowledge ans lovely people that have helped me though this x

Birth Weight 11pm 02/09- 75g
03/09 Weight - 85g | 91g
04/09 Weight - 100g | 106g
05/09 Weight - 116g | 130g
06/09 Weight - 138g | 146g
07/09 Weight - 156g | 164g
08/09 Weight - 173g | 179g
09/09 Weight - 189g | 198g
10/09 Weight - 208g | 215g
11/09 Weight- 224 |

F0B519ED-53AE-4E4B-86B8-E8F99345A617.jpeg BCC5FB92-56F8-4115-832B-E96A7DB2BEF2.jpeg 281960C0-D658-4BEC-91A3-6E4C9872086B.jpeg

Frankie1406

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Willow is still going strong, I’m hoping the other kitten(s) appear within the next 7-14 days.she’s never been a foodie and hates wet food but now love it, I guess nursing and growing kittens inside you makes you ravenous!

Miko is 16 days old and a chunky 325g!
Since she will be walking by the time the other kittens arrive, (she’s nearly there already!) yesterday I put the shelf nesting area into a playpen so Miko can explore safely but still be with Willow when she’s nursing the others.
When I placed Miko in it, Willow settled down straight away and they spend their first night in it last night.
Willow hasn’t moved Miko, in fact I’ve not seen her pick her up at all, so I think she feels safe in my room next to my bed and I hope that’s where she has the rest! Although I have had to place my bed in a diagonal line to fit the playpen where they are settled but it’s a small price to pay!!

I will keep you all updated. There have been a few posts similar to mine that have gone quiet where it would of been nice to know what to expect so I’ll try and do this for you. Pictures below. image.jpg

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for keeping us updated and, yes, it is a big help to other members when threads are continued.

Frankie1406

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anti-Climaic post unfortunately
Willow is not still Pregnant. Vets think they got the sonogram wrong and scanned Miko twice thinking there was more. They examined Willow and said they feel no babies. I was so sure she still had pregnancy bumps but they said there is nothing from feeling her and I could of been feeling gas. it does explain why I could feel but not see movements I guess.
I’m only miffed that if I hadn’t of visited the vets in the first place we would of just assumed she only had one kitten. It was only the sonogram and vets talking about two heartbeats with one kitten looking bigger that’s made me think there was more. And I do love the fact I had to pay them again for them to confirm their first examination was wrong LOL. They also said cats can’t get pregnant when already pregnant which is different to what I have read but I’m looking on the bright side.

We have an amazing black tabby kitten who is doing great. I feel we can now enjoy her more as we wasted the first 3 weeks watching and waiting on Willow.

Thank you for all your support. willow will be booked in to be spayed in the next week or so and we will be keeping Miko

HeyKat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw I love her serious little face 😍

Sorry you had to go through all that extra stress (and money!) for nothing. Hopefully from now you can just enjoy mom and baby