Adventures With The Felv Fosters

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
SheriB SheriB
Both are gorgeous, are they related?:bluepaw: They look similar.
I agree, gorgeous kitties. Not related, just the same breed, whatever breed long haired black cats with silver frosted fluffy ruffles on their bellies might be. My daughter also has one.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Konnichwa Tracy chan.

:hellosmiley:

Do you ever come back to Japan?
Ohayo Gozaimasu Nora Chan!
When I was younger I lived in Tsuruma, Atsugi Navy Base and then at another time we lived in Yokohama
My Aunt still lives in Fukushima and Uncle lives in Nagano.
I would love to go visit someday

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’m sorry to report that Cupcake’s recovery was all too brief. She passed away this afternoon. I’m so grateful for our last good days together, a few moments to treasure. I feel sure that she’s off to whatever adventure comes next for little spirit cats, no longer held to an increasingly feeble body. I wish her well.

Shar371

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SheriB, I'm sorry to hear :( Thank you for sharing her with us, and for caring for her and giving her such great comfort and care.

Run free, sweet Cupcake. May you find a brook to drink from and play by, and a comfy spot to sun in.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh Sheri, I'm so sorry! That's such sad news.

I'm glad you got to spend a little time with a livelier Cupcake before she passed.

Rest In Peace Cupcake.

:angel3:

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
9376B565-1D04-4729-B060-A83F864F1FB1.jpeg
Beautiful one-eyed Nanny has been showing some discharge from her eyes lately. I always wondered what I would do if I had to medicate her, since she has never let me touch her. While reading other threads here on this site I came across mention of just putting the antibiotics in their food. I never would have thought that would work, wouldn’t even have considered it. But it works! I put it in a little Tiki food which is almost all tuna and she gobbles it right up! So grateful to this site!

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am visiting my daughter and grandson this week so I am catless! I get a little attention from my daughter’s cats so it’s okay, but I won’t have much to post this week unless my awesome pet sitter sends me an update. Being away from the animals is kind of like holding my breath, I can only do it for a limited amount of time. But it’s oh so fun to be with my little grandson. Anyway, I’ll be going home Thursday and will be so happy to get back to the kitties!

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan All I know for sure is that she came from a hoarding situation. I suspect that her eye was badly infected and that the shelter had to have it removed. This happens every now and then.

By the way, I loved seeing on another thread that you do restorative yoga! I love it! I found it to be so helpful for chronic fatigue.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here’s the Grandson learning about the kitchen sink, something I’m sure his mother will regret. We had a blast!
6F97D0C1-2A7E-462A-BF0D-344E2825E03C.jpeg
So glad to be home again. Had a little panic when I couldn’t find Minnie. Eventually found her in the closet (which has two cat flaps for easy access) in DuckDuck and Goose’s area. She had access to food, water, and cat box and seems none the worse, but fear of Goose probably kept her in hiding. Was very relieved to see Nanny with clear and healthy looking eye and socket, I worried about that while I was gone. It always seems like kind of a miracle to go away and come back to find everything perfectly fine, everybody doing well, all my babies here and okay.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad to hear you had a good trip Sheri. That's great news about Nanny's eye.

I missed your earlier post about yoga. Yes, I do a lot of yoga. I'm working on the Ashtanga primary series, but I don't have the arm strength for some of the poses. I do a different routine every day, depending on how I'm feeling. It's great for strength, flexibility and stress, I don't know how I'd survive without it.