Adventures With The Felv Fosters

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We have a new member of our little group, this beautiful big grey. He is 7 years old and was surrendered by two sweet young men who refused to have him euthanized but also couldn’t keep him. He came out of hiding today to get some serious ear rubs from me. He’s very gentle. I will let you know when I decide on a name.
F65D25DF-C35E-472E-915B-D71D58A08D63.jpeg
045E410C-F81B-4C5A-A1D2-D3F25382D8B7.jpeg

My three year old grandson is visiting and DuckDuck is in love! She rubs up against him and is big enough to knock him down but he thinks it’s funny! Also last night we heard him laughing about an hour after bed time and looked to find her playing pawsies with him under the door. No claws!
9330CAB8-47C6-4052-951C-B96CA632EDA0.jpeg

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, that big grey boy! I'm in love.

:heartshape:

He looks a lot like my Gin Kun. :rbheart:
Aw, sweet of you to say. It was so sad when your Gin Kun didn’t come back.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
F99CF391-E4B4-4275-812E-2F3B5841C0AA.jpeg
Lots to post about, I haven’t been here in a while because the feral mamas and their kittens have consumed so much of my life, I don’t resent it but am pretty overwhelmed. I don’t know how I’m going to find a balance since kitten season is such a desperate sprint and at the same time my FeLV kitties still need their time and love.
Our new boy who was Zeus is now Barney, don’t know why, it’s just the name that kept coming to mind. He’s big and gentle, shy of the other cats, and loves to lay in my lap. Truly a sweetheart!

Seemingly a cycle of life, one came in, and one passed. We lost my dear Minnie, Lady Growly Pants, who loved me and hated all of the other cats with an unusual passion. She appeared with swollen glands under her chin and went downhill very quickly to pass three weeks later. She loved to be petted until the very end. I will always love this beautiful girl.
5B4B5BA0-0B4F-4189-AC11-E294A6CC9B0B.jpeg

Ongoing my poor Goose scratched a huge wound on the side of his face, possibly from ear mites. I treated him for that and I let the vet talk me into a depo-medrol shot so now he has another big wound on the back of his neck in a reaction to the shot, and that all seems beside the point because he is having difficulty and pain with urination. We’ve started antibiotics and I have sent for a homeopathic remedy and special food. Hope it helps him, poor guy.
00E0FDB8-33AD-4B0C-ABDD-0013555358EC.jpeg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just catching up with this thread after a few days away from TCS. So glad to see that Barney is settling in well. He does look like a Barney, doesn't he? His new name suits him.

Poor Minnie! She was such a gorgeous girl. I'm so sorry you lost her.

I hope the antibiotics and special diet help Goose. Did the vet check his bladder for crystals?

Sending vibes for a speedy recovery.

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan , thanks.
Goose is responding well to Baytril shots. The shelter’s vet has been sick for weeks (we’re very concerned but no one has said what’s going on with her) so our director just started him on the Baytril without him seeing a vet. I might take him to my vet if necessary but right now he seems to be improving. Although he has no interest in his new food. I need to do more research about what I can feed him.

SheriB

FELV and Foster advocate
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Hello dear friends :hellosmiley:I am back after so long and I don’t know if any of you will still see these posts! I hope to be able to return to regular posts as the new year brings changes in my commitments. Most of the FeLV cats are stable and we have quite a little community here. There are siblings, best buddies, loners and, of course, squabblers. We have been joined by Dottie, all white with a small black dot on her nose, like she ran into a dirty pencil eraser. And Dottie’s foster kitten Thea. Thea is a 6 month old ticked brown tabby and is football shaped, her body is too big for her head.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hello Sheri, nice to see you back again.

I'm going to post in your other thread too. Just wanted to say Hi to you, Dottie and Thea.