4.5 month kitten peeing on floor...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was the same area of the kitchen he did the other couple times. We’ll see if this is the start of him doing it non-stop or not. I still have the pee pads by the litter boxes.

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is the fact that it was the same exact spot in the kitchen as previously a good sign? Like maybe he’s just confused? I poured and soaked an enzyme cleaner in the spot again

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only other thing I can think of is that he is still feeling a bit stressed. Perhaps by his brother or by your older cat. He peed at your feet and scratched the floor. Almost like he's claiming you for himself. Does he get much play time with you?

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So he was probably about 5-10 feet away from me in the kitchen when he did it (I taped a pee pad on the spot for now). He was good all day yesterday and overnight. Older cat avoids them for the most part - and normally his brother is the one getting hissed at by her (if anyone). And my orange kitty (one peeing) was sitting with me on my couch for an hour plus right before this and I had to get up and do something in the kitchen.

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Huh. What's going on with you little one?
No clue! I’m just glad at the moment that’s he hasn’t done it again since so at least it wasn’t a start of a total peeing spree/ litter box boycott like before. We’re about 36+ hours with no accidents.

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still nothing else as of this morning. And he's locked in room with his brother when I'm not home and hasnt had any accidents in there the past few weeks. So when he's out and about, I'll keep him supervised and pay extra attention. Any time I see him start sniffing around in the kitchen, I bring him back to his litter box just in case. He drinks a lot of water and seems to pee a lot compared to my older cat, but maybe its a kitten/smaller bladder thing. I have to refill the water bowl often - but they also like to dig out the water too.

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still nothing else as of this morning. And he's locked in room with his brother when I'm not home and hasnt had any accidents in there the past few weeks. So when he's out and about, I'll keep him supervised and pay extra attention. Any time I see him start sniffing around in the kitchen, I bring him back to his litter box just in case. He drinks a lot of water and seems to pee a lot compared to my older cat, but maybe its a kitten/smaller bladder thing. I have to refill the water bowl often - but they also like to dig out the water too.
That's good. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. When you had them neutered, did the vet check him over to make sure there was no underlying health issue? Maybe try getting a little water fountain for them. They dig the water when it isn't fresh or sometimes just to play in it.

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ordered them a water fountain for Christmas and the vet found no obvious health issues when they checked him over the week before neutering. And we’re still no accidents since that one recent time -
But I’m paying more attention to him and put him in his litter box whenever he starts sniffing around that kitchen area. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!🎄

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordered them a water fountain for Christmas and the vet found no obvious health issues when they checked him over the week before neutering. And we’re still no accidents since that one recent time -
But I’m paying more attention to him and put him in his litter box whenever he starts sniffing around that kitchen area. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!🎄
Wonderful! Happy New Year!

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So he did it again this morning in the same exact spot in the kitchen (full puddle of pee) so I added another litter box about 5 feet away in the mud room… blue circle is the littler box - red circle is the pee spot. There are no triggers to make him do it that I can even think of so hoping still since he went so many weeks with no issues that it is still a kitten thing?? Think this box could help?

Attachments

OopsyDaisy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did he pee before or after you added the litter box? My gosh, this is a tough one. What is this little guy trying to tell you? Maybe he holds it too long and doesn't make it in time. Gotta put my thinking cap on again. 🤔

libacumo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did he pee before or after you added the litter box? My gosh, this is a tough one. What is this little guy trying to tell you? Maybe he holds it too long and doesn't make it in time. Gotta put my thinking cap on again. 🤔
He did it this morning so I added this box this afternoon - I was thinking the same that the litter box he likes the most is maybe too far away sometimes? And he does seem to drink a lot of water. There’s other litter box options close by but the one I just added here is very similar (same litter and style) as the box he’s been using the most lately. So fingers crossed once again.