1 yr old in first labor!! Pls stand by.. I'm terrified!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No Petco. We're in a tiny country town called Point Pleasant, WV. There's a high kill shelter here who has been in big trouble for animal cruelty. Was all over the news a few years back and my Aunt was the one who called the authorities! Anyway, our vet only charges $35 but right now every dime has to go toward their care and the electric bill. If it were paid we wouldn't have any issue getting them spayed. We have homeless kitties we care for at our apt (where the power is off) and I tried for years to get ONE off the streets and had no luck at all. She's still out there now. Through the harsh winters we run heating pads outside into homemade cat boxes for her and others. So we already know there's no help. That poor cat has lived out there longer than we have been there and that's 6 years! All I got was a bunch of sorrys! The way I love cats, believe me, I've been all over looking for help. Now it just so happens I need it! I'll check the link you gave me. The only problem there is, we're so far away from anything, the gas would cost more than to just take them to the local vet. I'll check them out though. Thanks again.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is there a social services place in town that might help with the electric bill?

Or can you negotiate with the power company to pay part of it and get it turned back on? Maybe get on a budget billing plan to even out the payments?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bubblzmay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to update you all. Just so you'll know, we're home now thanks to the kindness of others and sadly a misfortune which is why I've taken so long to update you all or get on ANY site at all, especially social media!! Right in the midst of us being dislocated my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She passed away the day after we got back home. Her diagnoses is what paid the majority of our bill because her car was sold and the money was given to me. So, what would have normally been a happy time of us getting to come home was all too bitter sweet! Now, we're going through another expense. When we took the boys to get them neutered they contracted another URI and whereas we only had 3 to treat before, now it could potentially spread through 12! There's no way we can pay a separate office visit and RX for 12! (our vet is a small town country small and farm animal vet) so he won't work with giving us a group rate. I'm guessing because being such a small town he doesn't do all that much business and needs to charge every penny he can. I'm guessing. Two of the worst are going tomorrow but the bottle of Albon he gives us is TINY!!! I mean, maybe 10 doses and each cat has 2 doses per day! I'm REALLY needing to find where I can buy it without an RX! Any suggestions? Thank you in advance and please accept my apologies for not updating until now. I've not been taking my moms passing good AT ALL! Please forgive as I know you all truly care for our fur babies and are very much invested in each family!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Since your vet won't give you enough medicine for all 12 cats who need it without seeing them, can you contact another vet in a nearby town and explain the situation? Taking 2 cats to see a different vet but getting meds for all is very important. Please try this before seeing your country vet.

I'm so sorry to hear of your mom's passing.

Last edited:

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I too any so sorry about your loss! And then to have the kitties get sick when trying to do the right thing and getting them fixed is very frustrating!

You mention them having a URI and then mention Albon. Is the vet treating the URI with this? Clavamox or Doxycycline would be what is needed for treating a URI.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Just found this thread! How crazy I am also in WV! I am on a different side... Morgantown! Maybe here in a few weeks (probably will be a couple of months) we can meet somewhere and I can help with some of your cats! I took in a Momma and her eight babies in September and they all survived! My thread is here http://www.thecatsite.com/t/326136/rescue-momma-and-kittens-advice-needed-please you can see some of the other kittens I have fostered and found homes for! I wish I could help you right now but I have several adult cats on my wait list to come to me and a possibly pregnant cat now so I am a little backed up lol. Look forward to hearing from you!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A upper respiratory infection could very easily be the  feline herpes infection, it is very common and causes congestion and runny eyes and nose. L-lysine is given twice a day to stop the replicating of the virus, it takes about a week but does help. You can get it on Amazon, I get mine as treats and give at the first sign of a 'kitty cold'. You can get Albon and other antibiotic in sites such as Foster and Smiths or Petmeds, they need a vets name and permission, you might call yours and explain things. I have gotten many this way and my vet has never refused, he knows I have many feral that can't be brought in. 

I'm so sorry about your mother, it takes a long time for a broken heart to learn to live with the loss. I know from myself being a mother though that she would never want you to live out your life in sadness, life is too precious. It is hard, but try to celebrate the time you did have her in your life. Use your precious memories to bring you comfort, and know she will always be near through the bond of love you formed, it can never be taken from you.

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Albon (from my understanding) is more commonly used for lower GI tract parasites... Coccidiosis. And it is only given once a day. That is the only experience that I have had with it anyway. So I am not sure why they would prescribe it for a URI instead of Clavamox or Azithromyocin... Strange. But I definitely would try Lysine first like Di and Bob suggested!

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow just read this whole thread you've done amazingly well so sorry to hear about your mum *huge hugs* hope ashade1 can help you [emoji]128578[/emoji] Xx