Our forums currently have over 70,000 registered users and we get dozens of new registrations each day.
When you register, you have to choose a username, a handle, by which your fellow cat lovers will know you on the board. With so many accounts already created, don't even try "Kitty"...
Take a few minutes to think about your username - you're likely to be "stuck" with it for the rest of your forum existence. In fact, the forum policy is not to allow username changes. Unless someone has a very good reason for the change, he or she are stuck with their username.
Need help choosing a name? Here are some tips and hints about choosing a good username on the forums -
Above all, just go ahead and register! We're looking forward to talking with you about cats (and more!)
- Keep it family-friendly and avoid spammy names. This is actually one of our rules and your account may otherwise be deleted.
- Avoid using your full real name. Even if you think anonymity is not an issue today, you may just change your mind down the road.
- Avoid including your cat's name in your username. It may seem like a strange piece of advice, but experience has shown us that this may be a problem. What happens if you add more cats to your family? What if, God forbid, your cat dies? Will you be ok with keeping the name in your username forever?
- Try to find a name that will reflect you for the long run. Stay away from usernames that reflect your current mood.
- Keep it short and memorable. Depending on how often you visit the forums, you may need to re-type it to log-in.
- Try to choose name that is easy for others to pronounce. That would make it easier for them to remember your name and address you.