I put my cat to sleep yesterday - asking for opinion

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same to you! Yes, your boy is trying to comfort you, I remember i always found a single hair from my Chrissy laying right on the edge of my vanity. She was the only Tabby so had distinctive ringed hair. She was trying to tell me she was still with me, I believe. she didn't like to see me so devastated. I could never explain those hairs, I found them every day for a week, a single hair, laying in the same spot.......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

I'm John

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still dreaming about my boy.

I'm John

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone, life's is going better. It has it's challenges, but it's going better.

I am sometimes revisited in my dreams by my boy's brother that passed away 3 years earlier. Those are dreams with good mood. I'm sometimes being reminded of my boy through high pitched sounds. They sound like my cat meowing and it has me thinking what those particular meows meant. I know what they meant in my heart, it's just that it's making me gravitate towards trying to explain it by words.

I sometimes ask myself where will all that time spent with my boy go? About 20 years of being together. I feel like I am beginning a new life.

I'll probably have to move from this apartment, which is quite unpleasant. I feel home here - mostly because I've lived here with my cat. Leaving this place will feel like leaving the presence of my cat. A place was made holy by his presence.

Hope you're all doing great and appreciate any response.

John

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that feeling about moving.....,. until I remembered love is spiritual so eternal. His love will be with YOU, deep in your soul, not a physical place. His love will be with you no matter where you go......

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know how you are doing! I am sorry about the move, but I agree that your cats are with you and will always be.

I'm John

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate everybody's support.

di and bob di and bob fionasmom fionasmom You two have helped me heal. I don't know how I'd cope without your attention. I am from Czech Republic. If you ever want to visit Prague, send me a message and I'll guide you through. Or if there is any other way I could help you, if needs be, just send a message. Thank you.

Peace and love,
John

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! It is nice to know we helped. I pray your road to healing is a smooth one, it does help to have people know what you are going through.....

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Thank you so much for your kind offer! Like di and bob di and bob , I am only happy that we were able to be of some help. Please let us know from time to time how you are doing.

Stormy accepts you

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Honey, he’s sending you dreams until he knows you’ll be okay. All he remembers is love. You gave him peace and made the ouchies go away. He’s watching over you, now and forever. All the loud, all the anger, he doesn’t think of you like that. He just remembers the one who made him feel safe and loved. He will never leave your side. He’s just more at peace. We’re here for you. We’ve all lost something. That’s part of love. But it’s worth it, every time.