Zymox and neutering

Christykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

My 6 month old kitten got neutered today. He's also getting Zymox ear solution for yeast in his ear. Can I still give it to him as he recovers from the neutering? I can't find any drug interaction warnings online and the vet didn't mention anything.

Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it too late to call the vet and ask? If it is, call the vet first thing in the morning and ask. I see no reason why the ear solution can't be given while a cat recovers from a neuter. Cats aren't typically given pain meds or anything post-neuter or post-spay so there wouldn't be any drug interaction. Your cat may be a bit groggy from the anesthesia but an ear solution wouldn't affect full recovery from that.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Christykitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it too late to call the vet and ask? If it is, call the vet first thing in the morning and ask. I see no reason why the ear solution can't be given while a cat recovers from a neuter. Cats aren't typically given pain meds or anything post-neuter or post-spay so there wouldn't be any drug interaction. Your cat may be a bit groggy from the anesthesia but an ear solution wouldn't affect full recovery from that.
They did give me a pain med to give him for the next 3 days. I'll have to call tomorrow to double check. Thanks!