Zorro

kauzmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Writing this really to reassure cat owners on the brink of losing theirs—- it does get better. I dreamt about Zorro last night, he was purring on my stomach and taught me how to purr…and the whole house was filled with purrs. The joy of your cat’s essence will always be with you, and you can be with it or tap into it any time you like…and it’s a good and happy feeling.
Really trying to get through the loss of my beloved kauzmo. We said goodbye to him on Thursday. I just don't think it's real, I see his last foot prints in the litter pan like you described and his many drinking cups still with water he drank from and half filled food bowl and treats. I find myself out of habit/instinct to call for him or look for him and it hits me he's gone. It feels like a bad dream or purgatory. I just miss him so much and feel so bad that he doesn't get to enjoy the life he loved so much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Really trying to get through the loss of my beloved kauzmo. We said goodbye to him on Thursday. I just don't think it's real, I see his last foot prints in the litter pan like you described and his many drinking cups still with water he drank from and half filled food bowl and treats. I find myself out of habit/instinct to call for him or look for him and it hits me he's gone. It feels like a bad dream or purgatory. I just miss him so much and feel so bad that he doesn't get to enjoy the life he loved so much.
From the photos you posted it’s so obvious how LOVED he was. When kidneys go, they go, and there is nothing you can do, except give him a painless passing, which is what you did. He knew you loved him. You two had a connection that will always be real, and always be there for you. What helped me through the initial grief was asking myself: “How would Zorro want me to feel?“ He wouldn’t want me to be sad forever. Keep close to your heart what you most loved about his essence (and feel free to post a thread about it, it helps) & gradually, over time, the pain will lessen. You might still see him everywhere, but what will be reflected back to you is love. The love that all kitties share, and purr to us, all the time.