Zorro

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Zorro just passed, peacefully and painlessly in my arms at home…He was my dad’s cat: the last of the litter and the best of the bunch, from a barn box. Secretly, we both knew that this marvelous kitten would help my dad through the grief of his wife, who would pass that summer, and without anyone saying anything we both knew I’d take care of the feisty biter when my dad passed, the following year. I believe he is in the long grass now, already a kitten again, seeking new sights and purring new purrs. He is finding his mama and the teat all over again, in one unending joyous circle. He showed up, every single day, giving all of himself to everything, because that is what cats do, and if we can learn from half of what they offer, and offer it to others, well then, we’re getting somewhere, as humans. I have learned so much from all of you…I could not have gotten him through his golden years without your steady stream of advice, humor and…did I say humor?! Since there are so few vets now where I live I’ll focus on the TNR group, which will gratefully accept anything Zorro has to offer, from medicine, to toys, to catfood. For those of you struggling w/ prednisolone, there will come a moment when it ceases to offer the health and joy to your elder kitty. Zorro and I peered over the cliff of what lay ahead after that and we both said no, let’s ride out on a blaze of glory, ”burn like fabulous Roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars,” because for me, quality of Life is what matters, mattered to my Zorro. Run free my buddy, I love you so much.
IMG_5580.jpeg

OM MANI PADME HUM

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have friends here who understand what this does to a person, and who can lend a listening ear and a shoulder to lean on. Sweet Zorro sounds like a wonderful addition to your family, and what you learned from him, and received from him, will be with you forever. To pass on his earthly things to another little one in need is priceless, thank you.
He is now following another path, but it is one that will always parallel your own, bound there by the ties of love. he is now sitting with your dad and mom, watching over you and sending his love along with theirs.
My heart goes out to you, i know we have all seen so much and said so many goodbyes, but what they give us in return is held in our very souls. Bless you for making his golden years comfortable and happy.......RIP dear Zorro, You will never be forgotten, you will always have a secure place in loving hearts. may the good Lord bless and keep you, until you meet again!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am so sorry to read about this... ((hugs)). You loved Zorro, and tried so hard to make things better...
You did your best and he knew it. He loved you! and Your Dad.. Now, he is reunited with all his loved ones...

May the good memories comfort you....

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentIe, Zorro, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever!

Oh, DarIin, I am so sorry. You know what I wouId usually say, and it reaIIy is the Deepest Truth I know! Dance on starIight, Zorro, untiI your human joins you in joyous reunion! But untiI that fine day, dance on!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mamany, thank you so much. I read your message every single time, and it always rings true: I will wrap myself up in your words of comfort like a friendly blanket as my eyes blur up so much I can barely see to type. Thank you to all, I know you all have been there too. Just when I think I’ve run out of salt, more tears come. It’s sort of like losing an arm you still think is there. I wake up to medicate and feed nobody. I hear his pitter pat on the stairs but no trill, no kitty. I can’t seem seem to remove the litter pan that holds his last little footprint. I talk to him aloud, knowing he would want me to be of good cheer. There is no reason to crook my legs into a triangle so he has a sleeping pillow at night. The good news is I think I’ve cried myself into a stupor, and can begin to feel only the warm, positive energy Zorro has imprinted forever on my heart. I know I will meet him again, on some level, if only as particles. I’m convinced kitties are our guideposts or gurus, quietly nudging us into being better, meditative, kind. Big hugs to all…if anyone else is grieving I’m finding music is really healing.

image.jpg IMG_1746.jpeg IMG_1539.jpeg IMG_0747.jpeg

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I wake up to medicate and feed nobody. I hear his pitter pat on the stairs but no trill, no kitty. I can’t seem seem to remove the litter pan that holds his last little footprint. I talk to him aloud, knowing he would want me to be of good cheer.
It's the daily tasks we do out of love and don't know what to do when there's no one there to carry on. It was part of your routine with Zorro and I'm very sorry to learn of his passing. My heartfelt sympathies go out to you, Margot. :hugs: He was such a special boy and your loyal companion. His presence will bring you fond memories in the days ahead and may they remain ever so strong in your heart.
RIP sweet angel. :angel:

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
For those of you grieving a friend or family member, it feels really good, healing, to come full circle with them if you have to scatter their pet’s ashes as well, many years later. It’s like getting to say goodbye to a part of their soul. It’s like I get to say goodbye to my father again, but completely now, because they are one, and I took good care of both. No more suffering, just a reconnection, full circle.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Every now and then I catch a Chewy commercial. Or happen to be in the pet food aisle and find myself reaching for a can. And my eyes just fill with tears. But then, right behind it, I always feel his positive energy, telling me to push on, that love had no boundaries, and I feel his sense of humor and purity. The goodness of him keeps me going, and the memory of his purr is of great comfort.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Getting there but it’s the little things: realizing I don’t have to rush back from shopping to pill my cat on time. Opening up my vacuum cleaner to find all of his fur. Having cold feet. Putting out mouse traps when I never had to. Realizing I no longer need a cat door. Throwing out my 2023 calendar with his name, carefully marked, in so many places. And yet, embracing fiercely all of the joy of him, and knowing he would would me to. And knowing in the end we are never apart.

Margot Lane

Top Cat
Purraise
Writing this really to reassure cat owners on the brink of losing theirs—- it does get better. I dreamt about Zorro last night, he was purring on my stomach and taught me how to purr…and the whole house was filled with purrs. The joy of your cat’s essence will always be with you, and you can be with it or tap into it any time you like…and it’s a good and happy feeling.