zan123

zan123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm new  so hope I'm doing this correctly, my cat is almost 3yrs old now,and as a baby would lie round my face and would love cuddles,she will still lie in my arms on her back like a baby,while I clean her eyes and nose, (once I manage to pick her up),but for a long time now she will not come to me or let me stroke her,also she has always been a very nervous cat, the slightest noise and she is terrified,and runs,or jumps, I hope someone may be able to give me advice,thank you zan.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is a "long time"? Some cats will continue being cuddly as adults. Others become more independent and will go to their human when they feel like it. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Zan... Welcome to TCS

I'm wondering if something happened that may have frightened her..  a change of place, new people, anything you can think of that corresponds to the time she started to become a little distant? 

But as Yayi says, some cats do become more independent with age.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zan123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your reply Yayi, and Mani, on thinking about it It may have been around the time she had her op and scan which is getting on to 3 yrs now,as I say she will lie on her back in my arms while I clean her eyes and nose and not even try to move,brushing is out of the question,she will sit mabe a minute if Im lucky,so take her to the groomers now.she must trust me as she has always had a lead and collar on when we have to go in the car,and she sits there fine and looks out the window on my knee. So long as shes happy,thats the main thing. She has always been nervous. Thank you Zan

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
It could be from the scan. Maybe one day he'll turn to snuggling you once again.

One of my cats used to be really affectionate.. but after about a year, he one day, decided he didn't want to be cuddly anymore. He'd very rarely decide to snuggle with me while I watch TV... just at nights he'd sleep close to me.

I chalked it up to his personality and becoming independent. Some cats just don't want to snuggle anymore, but it does not mean they love you any less!