You know you’re a true cat lover

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Roaches? When I arrived at Hospital Corps School in late '67, they put us up in barracks that were built in WWII, and were only supposed to last 10 years. We used to joke that the roaches were so big that they would meet you at the door and carry your sea bag in for you. And then there were the mice.............

Carolina SA

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
*You think I jest, A. Their food costs more than mine. And it's all stuff you'd love. In hot weather they go on food strike.*
Years ago my Dad got annoyed with my Mom spending so much money on the most expensive food available for their dogs. In protest he declared it cost more than his dinner so he was going to eat theirs. He did....once, and only once.
Apparently it was very oily and not that palatable.
We still laugh about it, even more so now that he has discovered the world of cats. He's adopt 5 strays we found and has spent a small fortune buying materials to make multiple catios for his and my cats! :heartshape:

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you rearrange your entire schedule around your cat's medication. I was invited out for a social distance gathering with friends and left early to go home and medicate Carleton since his med is supposed to be given every 12 hours. No one said anything to me but I got a few strange looks. It didn't bother me at all, only cat people understand anyway. :lovecat2:
I dont understand how they couldnt understand. But then I might have left early just to get back to my boys as I prefer their company to most.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I dont understand how they couldnt understand. But then I might have left early just to get back to my boys as I prefer their company to most.
I think it's because they don't have any pets and don't understand the bond between humans and their animals. When our dog was diagnosed with a life-threatening autoimmune illness at 3 years old and needed oral chemo. plus other medications some people actually told us they would put him down. Of course we didn't listen to any of their rubbish and I'm happy to say he lived to a grand old age of 16. 💟