You know you’re a cat owner when…

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
…you leave the radio on so your cat isn’t lonely when you go shopping, and, you play that same station in your car to feel psychically connected to them.
First of all, I prefer "guardian" or "cat dad" over "cat owner". Because we know who really owns whom!

I have "Music For Cats" playing on a loop at the lowest volume on the soundbar in the front room all day. Krista loved it! She would nap against the soundbar. I called it her "cat rock". When she was stuck in the hospital as an in-patient for ten or so days, I had a spare iPod that I loaded it on for her with a battery pack to keep in her cage. On the morning visits, I would trade out a charged USB battery pack for the spent one so that she could listen to it her whole stay and the staff never had to bother with the lock screen or charging it other than changing out the battery packs. I was told by the staff that one of the staff's dogs had to stay overnight in the cage beneath Krista and had the most peaceful stay he's ever had there. He was not usually a peaceful customer there. I never sympathetically listened to her "cat rock" when I was out on my own. But when we traveled in town, to and from the vet, I would put it on for her. When we traveled a couple of hours each way for her dentist, she listened to my music. If I dropped Krista off for a drop off visit where I knew she would be waiting in a cage for a good part of the day, I would send her in with her iPod. I would tell each new vet we saw, "you probably never had a cat who came with her own soundtrack."

I really don't know what Betty thinks of it. But I leave it on the lowest volume and she doesn't seem to dislike it. She'll spend about equal parts of the day in the front room with the cat rock and the office with me and whatever I'm listening to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
…you spend the entire day trying to track down which neighbor kindly signed for your Chewy order, knowing you weren’t able to get it b/c all the roads are closed, while your cat napped the entire time.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you have 8 deep scratches on your hands from removing knots and mats from Cal, and you up
apologizing to her in baby talk because you were too close to the areas that does not like scissors
When Krista got a mat or two because she wasn't grooming as much in her last year, I learned this olive oil trick. Take a big syringe (without needle) and squirt a little olive oil around the edges and under the mat (if you can get under.) Then let the oil do its thing. The oil loosens up the hair and the mat will fall out within a day or two. If it doesn't fall out the first day, reapply the oil. You want to saturate the mat without getting the cat too greasy. But you also don't want to pull on the mat by trying to brush the oil through. I've used this on a few mats and it never failed. No-one got cut, shaved, angry or scratched.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
When Krista got a mat or two because she wasn't grooming as much in her last year, I learned this olive oil trick. Take a big syringe (without needle) and squirt a little olive oil around the edges and under the mat (if you can get under.) Then let the oil do its thing. The oil loosens up the hair and the mat will fall out within a day or two. If it doesn't fall out the first day, reapply the oil. You want to saturate the mat without getting the cat too greasy. But you also don't want to pull on the mat by trying to brush the oil through. I've used this on a few mats and it never failed. No-one got cut, shaved, angry or scratched.
Thank You!!! I needed a tip!!💖

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you're sleeping and all of a sudden there's meowing in your face and if I ignore her she licks my face until I give in and get up every day between 5 and 530 lol she does this asking for the front door to be open so she can watch her birdies lol
😺 🐦 👀

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
You turn the light off and almost immediately hear things being pushed around on your bedside table and someone licking your clock. 🙄
Yeah, what is UP with that? It’s like teenagers shouting: “Raaaay! The parents are outta town! Let’s have a party and trash the place!” Mine woke me up last night cos he was chasing a cricket & knocking stuff over.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, what is UP with that? It’s like teenagers shouting: “Raaaay! The parents are outta town! Let’s have a party and trash the place!” Mine woke me up last night cos he was chasing a cricket & knocking stuff over.
Same! Lights out, they go bonkers. Daisy managed to knock the pocket wifi under the bed last night. Do they think lights out stands in for sundown?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Eedjit didn't even wait for lights out tonight!

3058CD09-2E06-41E7-9DD7-34DD52C438CE.jpeg

("I'm not fat. Look, I fit on this tiny space.")