xrays of limping scottish fold 3.5 years old

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Not too sure if anyone remembers me, but i have a 3.5 month old scottish fold who started limping months ago.
Vet i went to originally felt like it was congenital arthritis etc and there's nothing we can do (no xrays were taken at this point as this vet wanted GA for xrays)

I went to another vet. this vet didnt feel like it was irreversible. we managed to get some xrays.

Do let me know if anyone knows how to properly read these xrays or has any insight! Of course, i will also be speaking to the vets about it but just wanted to get some opinions as well!

Thank you!

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those X-rays are not positioned as I am used to seeing. I’m not sure how diagnostic they are. I will add a picture of normal radiograph positioning.
67B062C7-2C5F-4E03-8444-51701BEDE0D5.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mmin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Those X-rays are not positioned as I am used to seeing. I’m not sure how diagnostic they are. I will add a picture of normal radiograph positioning.View attachment 403599
The xrays taken are of his elbow! I hope they are diagnostic because the vet was the one who ordered these positions :( and i dont want to put kitty through that again 😞

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m sure they are able to see what they need to. I am just used to doing something different. If they hadn’t been right they would have redone them.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have no idea what the xrays are really saying, BUT, am curious as to what the Vet had to say after reading them. In my mind, that's what really counts, since you said he thought it could be reversed. What are you doing to "fix" it?