Would You Help a Shell of a Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found it. It's Dina Manzo. Twitter is @dinamanzo.

Anybody follow her that could maybe tweet the link to the blog to draw her attention about Shell?

She does a lot to help others, including animals. It may take more than one tweet - but, I bet she'd "retweet" the link. She has over 100k followers. Even if just 20 of them read the blog and donate to Shell - it's better than nothing!

I found her assistant's name as well: @lukemckibben

She will frequently retweet a good cause. May be worth a shot. Anything to help out Shell!

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by herekittykitty8

I found it. It's Dina Manzo. Twitter is @dinamanzo.

Anybody follow her that could maybe tweet the link to the blog to draw her attention about Shell?

She does a lot to help others, including animals. It may take more than one tweet - but, I bet she'd "retweet" the link. She has over 100k followers. Even if just 20 of them read the blog and donate to Shell - it's better than nothing!

I found her assistant's name as well: @lukemckibben

She will frequently retweet a good cause. May be worth a shot. Anything to help out Shell!
Oh, she's the one who named her sphinx kitty "Grandma Wrinkles". She also has a Himmie too I think.

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, that's her.

She actually just tweeted earlier today about a benefit for rescue animals

She seems like a great person who is really an advocate for animals.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell looks great in her new sweater... what a sweet thing that little girl did!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I don't Tweet, I don't even chirp.
But it sounds fine to me. The gift is actually for a small dog- it's a warm furry sweater that slips over her head and legs and around her belly. She didn't like it at first, but I think she understands now that it keeps her warm-
I don't Tweet and I don't Chirp either
I only Meow

Shell looked so GAWGEOUS in her pretty blue fuzzy. What a sweet little darling
for continued positive reports on Shell...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had a scare with her yesterday and an unexpected vet visit. The news wasn't good, but she is back for now and doing better. They took x-rays and the vet said it is hard to determine what is wrong with her because of her lack of fat. The films were hard to read. Her liver is bigger then he would like it to be, but her values are normal. There is something nagging him about the films but he can't put his finger on what it is that is wrong. With her high gobulin and protein count he knows her immune system is working over time- problem is, she doesn't have an immune system. But we are going to wait till the meds arrive from the clinic in Texas and see how she does with those before moving on to ultra sounds and other tests. She is back now and having a better day.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AM sorry that the vet visit didn't show more promising news, but she does look very cute in her new jumper.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We had a scare with her yesterday and an unexpected vet visit. The news wasn't good, but she is back for now and doing better. They took x-rays and the vet said it is hard to determine what is wrong with her because of her lack of fat. The films were hard to read. Her liver is bigger then he would like it to be, but her values are normal. There is something nagging him about the films but he can't put his finger on what it is that is wrong. With her high gobulin and protein count he knows her immune system is working over time- problem is, she doesn't have an immune system. But we are going to wait till the meds arrive from the clinic in Texas and see how she does with those before moving on to ultra sounds and other tests. She is back now and having a better day.
Awwww, poor Shell.
I am sorry to hear the sad news. I sure hope she's able to bounce back, and I hope the liver thing isn't serious.

Have you & your vet considered trying giving Shell Interferon, MA? It's worked wonders for Geronimo, Winchester, Samurai, & Ricochet. It sure couldn't hurt to check into it. Just an FYI.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm so sorry. I hope the vet can figure out what's wrong.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Her medicine arrived today. It's compounded and doesn't smell all that great, but she doesn't seem to mind it. In 15 days she will go in for another CBC to see if the values are better.

bastetservant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the medicine finally came. It was starting to stress me out that it was taking so long.

So hoping it does the trick for dear little Shell.

Robin

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ok, PHEW the medicine has arrived. I sure hope these meds will help Miss Shell. Sorry she had such a bad day and that the news wasn't too promising at the vets office. She is a fighter and will push on with everything she has. And she has you MA, right there at her side, come what may...

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Shell received a gift today from a ten year old girl in Wisconsin. She discovered Shell's story and wanted to send Shell something to keep her warm. So Rachel, thank you from both Shell and myself. She has a warm fuzzy now to keep her warm:

Is that the most thoughtful thing EVER?
She looks VERY happy and cozy in her sweater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Feralvr

Ok, PHEW the medicine has arrived. I sure hope these meds will help Miss Shell. Sorry she had such a bad day and that the news wasn't too promising at the vets office. She is a fighter and will push on with everything she has. And she has you MA, right there at her side, come what may...

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad the medicine arrived I hope it starts working right away

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The first auction seemed to go really well, but I have to ask.. .when does the next one start?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, one of the other cats that was in the colony with Shell isn't going to make it at all. She has been consuming most of my time. Her name is Hope and she has the beginning of squamous cell starting, she has no teeth, she's not eating, she's not moving much. Vet puts her age at 15 maybe older.
Thought she might make it- but she is done for I am afraid. Neglect has put her in a bad way.

Shell is holding her own. She is doing a lot of sleeping. Her wounds are healing and no new ones are appearing. She is getting a tiny bit of padding now around her ribs, but her backbone still protrudes. Her tongue is still sticking out of her mouth at times, but the deep putrid drool is gone that was hanging out of her mouth. She goes back to the vet next week so they can draw blood and test her values.

Here's a more recent photo of her:

She was gifted this wonderful blanket by someone who won it on another auction, and she absolutely loves it. So do I! Nice and soft, offers her comfort when I am not around- she always goes back to it after she eats.

I have been told the next auction starts in two days time. Wonderful items going up on this round as well.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh MA, she looks so much cleaner and her face has filled out. I am so sorry Hope isn't going to make it. So much to be happy for with Shell, but so sad for Hope.

God bless little Hope and Shell. I will be watching the second round. Things tight lately, should be in better position to get something this time.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell is holding her own. What a tiny little trooper she is!! I am very very sorry to hear about Hope. MA, they can't all be saved and at least Hope knew great love in her last days.

Shell looks wonderful and that hairy blanket is great. I won my hairy blanket on Shells auction. The blanket will have a very special meaning to me. Can't wait to get it. Extending many more prayers to you and Shell

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, poor Hope. That's just so sad.

Shell looks so much better.
I feel really badly for Hope, but I'm glad Shell's doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.