Would You Help a Shell of a Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

No recent pictures yet. I can't find my camera- I think it is in my car. I wanted to show you this though, a 15 year old girl stumbled on my blog, fell in love with Shell and found the auction. Now, she has made three pieces of jewelry to add to the coming items! Look at her lovely work!
How sweet of her!
And how pretty her jewelry is! I may have to bid on that too - considering how much of a jewelry freak I am!

Bless her sweet heart for her contribution!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The jewelry is lovely... and so is the young lady who made it.

I know one of my "cyber-buds" donated on your blog, MA. He just wasn't interested in any of the auction items.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you everybody for taking Shell into your hearts. Here she is tonight. She isn't very bright today, not relaxed or doing well at the moment. I did get her to eat, but it took a long time.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor baby... The road to getting better is such a long one and so full of ups and downs... Will be praying that this "down" time is a very short one, and she comes right back up. I hope it is just the weather... Oh MA... I wish I could be there to give you and her a hug... Feel hugged, ok?

She does look good though, that is for sure

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Poor baby... The road to getting better is such a long one and so full of ups and downs... Will be praying that this "down" time is a very short one, and she comes right back up. I hope it is just the weather... Oh MA... I wish I could be there to give you and her a hug... Feel hugged, ok?

XOXOs to MA and Shell... and the rest of MA's rescues!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Perfectly said!!!
feel hugged Shell is bound to have good and bad days, she has a terrible dilemma to fight off Nd she is doing a great job at it. AND she wouldn't have come this far without you MA
for continued successes

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry Shell didn't feel well last night. I hope she's doing better today?

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Apparently Shell is feeling much better today!

It’s a Losing Proposition

\t\t\t\tMarch 16th, 2011 \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\tI went in earlier to take a much-needed nap. The minute I laid down-pitter patter of tiny feet comes running up the pet stairs and Shell is in my face. “Hello Mom, I’m feeling much better! Can I nap with you?” I settle on my side, she climbs on my hip…I THINK she is gaining weight! LOL It felt a bit heavy on the spot she chose. I wiggled a bit to see if she would get down. Nope, she wanted my hip. An hour later I wake up, she is still on my hip. I turned my head ever so slightly and told her “This isn’t going to work.” I turned as slowly and as far away from her as I could, so not to squish her, and turned on my other side. Okay, that’s fine with her- the other hip needs warming up now!
I laid on my back- she laid on my chest. On my tummy, no problem, the small of my back, a perfect place for a shell! She is nothing if not persistent.
I finally gave up and went out to the living room to catch some z’s in the recliner. If this keeps up, Mike is going to have to build us a second bedroom!http://www.feralcatbehavior.com/

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful I'm happy to read that Shell is doing better today

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that Shell continues to improve!
She sure looks better compared to the first pic that MA posted.

Keep on fighting, Shell! We're all rooting for you!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell received a gift today from a ten year old girl in Wisconsin. She discovered Shell's story and wanted to send Shell something to keep her warm. So Rachel, thank you from both Shell and myself. She has a warm fuzzy now to keep her warm:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Shell received a gift today from a ten year old girl in Wisconsin. She discovered Shell's story and wanted to send Shell something to keep her warm. So Rachel, thank you from both Shell and myself. She has a warm fuzzy now to keep her warm:

That is just the sweetest thing. So is it a little blanket that you have wrapped around her, or is it actually like a tube top that she can wear all the time?

herekittykitty8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone with a twitter account (I don't have one) considered tweeting the link to the blog about Shell's story to some celebrities to get some recognition, and perhaps donations? MANY celebs, mainly reality ones will retweet a lot of things like this. They usually have between 50-100K followers, so it may be worth a shot. Doesn't hurt to get her story out there. There is one Bravo Housewife who is always fighting for animal rights, and has even adopted a 2 legged puppy she was fostering. I can't recall which one it was - but I will look to find it in case someone wants to tweet her.
Her entire family is pretty dedicated to animal rights - so it may be a good starting place.

Is this something the folks closer to Shell's cause think would be beneficial?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't Tweet, I don't even chirp.
But it sounds fine to me. The gift is actually for a small dog- it's a warm furry sweater that slips over her head and legs and around her belly. She didn't like it at first, but I think she understands now that it keeps her warm-

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell looks beautiful in her sweater
also nice and comfy

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awwww! That's just so sweet!
And Shell looks mighty comfy in her new sweater!

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a difference. And what generous kids
too bad some adutls couldn't take lessons from them.

I can't wait to see Shell feeling 100% better

Status
Not open for further replies.