Would you call my girl a Tortie?

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia

I have a couple of kittens, mom is all black, dad is a flame point blue eyed kitty. Jax, the male is cream with seal points and this little cutie, Gemma, has a few orange streaks and I wasn't sure if she is actually a tortoiseshell or something else.

Thanks for any input!

Tammy

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I assume the last 3 pictures and the right kitten on the first picture are all the same kitten? She is indeed a Tortie. A "Black Tortie with White" (At least, I think I see a white behind leg? :) )

Also, there is no such thing as a cream with seal point. The first kitten on the first picture is a 'Seal Point".

Enjoy your lovely twins. When were they born? I have a litter of 2 now too, and they are 3 weeks old :) They seem around the same age, give or take a week. Very adorable =^^=

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

morningrl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One block shy of Crazyville, West Virginia
They will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Yes, her back leg is very light tan. This was a surprise to us, the momma cat was left with me three years ago and I was told she was spayed... she will be after these two are weaned. The father is neutered so no more babies around here. These two are so sweet. I've never experienced this stage of life with cats so it's just been amazing watching them develop.

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's quite funny, because my twins are exactly 3 weeks old tomorrow too ;) Enjoy it lots, it's a very special progress seeing small kittens grow up. I hope everything will continue to go well for these 2 and that they'll be healthy and happy for many many years ^^. Are you keeping them both? 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jax and Gemma, huh? Another Anne McCaffery fan, I see. Calling him Ruth would be confusing to most people, I guess.