Wondering About Her Breed!

swaters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey There,

I was wondering if someone could tell me if the shelter was correct in labeling my baby a Domestic Short Hair. I have always had little orange tabbys and am not super familiar with the cat breeds as far as what I've googled and I was wondering if more experience cat mommas and daddies think she might not be a short, maybe a medium or long hair?

Hair description. She looks bushy but her hair feels thin to me. Very soft though haha. She has LOOONNGGG white whiskers on the top of her head along with her regular ones and she has some tufts of hair off her ears. Her ear hair seems pretty long.

baby girl.JPG

She was just neutered a few days prior in this photo so she has a shaved tummy.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most likely shorthair but you will have to see as she grows up if the hair stays long and fluffy or is actually short. Then you will know if she is a Domestic Long or Short hair.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would describe her as a blue and white bicolor Domestic Shorthair. I think she’ll end up as a shorthair, since she doesn’t have super long ear furnishings or a bushy tail. Shorthaired kittens generally look fluffier when they’re younger.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe your pretty girl as a blue and white bicolor domestic... I'm not sure from your pictures if she will turn out to be longhaired or shorthaired; you'll have to see how she turns out as she grows older.