Witty, Callie And Scooter, I Love You

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_20170820_064444_066.jpg

Witty, may you sleep with the angels as they stroke your beautiful white coat. I've known you since I was a child. I remember that the lady giving you away almost cried at doing so, saying "Oh, she's my baby. Please take good care of her for me. I love her so much." Over all of the years, I learned why. You were fun and sassy. You took no crap from anyone and swatted my brother's ex wife on the back of the head from the back of the couch once. You were always a great judge of character. I'm sorry I colored on you with markers as a child. I was a stupid kid, and you didn't deserve that. But you forgave me, because that's the loving cat you were. You were the world's best snuggler and my family member for 18 years. When my mom went through horrible things in her life most people can't even imagine, you were there. You comforted my mother when she was too scared to tell anyone else what that son of a you know what did to her. We've all been through so much together, but you were always there, with your sweet, flat face and loud purr. When my grandmother died, you became the new glue that held is all together, like the wise and loving matriarch my grandmother was. You were queen of the house from then on. Your reign is over, but you'll forever be in my heart, that beautiful, brave cat, with the silly name of Kitty Witty. You'll love on in my memories, and the stories I'll tell my children, like when you jumped up on top of the door and had no idea what to do, or the day a mouse ran right past you and you couldn't have cared less. Though your eighteen years has ended, I'll see to it that you live on in hearts, minds, stories, and the way we love one another in your name.

IMG_20170820_064709_386.jpg

Rest in peace, sweet Callie the calico (the one in the back). My parents got you from a girl who found you and your sister in a puddle, unable to walk. We thought you were CH kittens, but it turned out to be something much worse that took you from us so young. I'm sorry we let you suffer for days while we tried to find out how to fix you. We just didn't want to lose you. We were desperate for a chance, only to find there was no cure. As sad as I am that we lost you, I'm glad that when we ended your pain, you were surrounded by people who loved you, and people you loved. You were at a southern foster (my parents), so I only knew you through videos and pictures. I only knew you through videos but I loved every one. I never even got to touch you. But from afar, I adored you and cheered you on as you learned to walk and even lunge. I'm disabled too, so you gave me hope in my own struggles. You perked up and started wobbling on your feet with frantic excitement every time my parents came home from work or grocery buying. I'm so glad they were able to teach you what love is. They took you in when no one else would and taught you what it's like to be adored. You were truly special to everyone who even saw you for your strength, courage, loving personality, and your support between you and your sister, Scooter. You were an amazing kitten with an awful hand, taken too soon. My parents are shattered at your passing. Even from me, tears have soaked my cheeks. I was so excited to meet you. I have to wait longer now, but I know you'll be waiting for all of us, just across the Rainbow Bridge. If heaven exists, and you can't visit lost pets, it is no heaven to me. (Not meant to cause debate. I'm just venting here.)

Scooter (front), your time is not yet up, but it is running out. The disease that took your sister from us, one of many things you two shared along with your unbreakable bond, will lead you across the bridge to a place where you can run and play and tumble and zoom, like kittens all love to do, an opportunity you never got. You're going to a wonderful place, and, though I never got to meet Callie, I'm heading down to meet you before you go, to add to the doting deluge of devotion and adoration you've come to know thanks to my parents' intervention in your short life. The two of you are/will be my rescue's first losses. You'll always be important to me, because you're teaching me more about the burden I've taken on my shoulders, unasked and with pride. You're teaching me to let go, and to not let selfishness interfere with stopping pain when it's time for mercy. Stay strong as your journey toward the rainbow bridge commences. It won't be easy for any of us, but now that we know, we can at least make it easier for you. You and your sister are forever engraved into this rescue. You'll always be special to us, and we will build your legacy. You two have shown me the joy of special needs kittens, and because of you I am determined to help more, even if there isn't always a happy ending for us humans. I can't wait to meet you, and tell you all of this myself. We won't make the mistakes we made with your sister. When it's time to go, you'll tell us, and while we mourn, you and Callie will have new healthy bodies, running and playing forever in paradise, inseparable as always. The way you groomed and warmed Callie when she was sick broke my heart. You must have been as heartbroken as we are, but you'll only miss her awhile. You'll meet again, and never the two shall part, sisters in eternity, who, in their short lives, changed a rescue. We will always tell people the truth when it comes to special needs kitties: We are how we are because of you. You showed us how much we were needed, and how much good we could do for you. I can't put into words how much that means to me, personally.

This has been a terrible week for me and my family. One loss is a heartbreak no one wants to face, two is a nightmare, and knowing a third is coming is a travesty. Whether you pray, believe in sending positivity through the universe, want to donate to a charity to find a cure for the GM diseases, or just keep us in your thoughts, I implore you to do so. We need it.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
So very, very sorry that you are dealing with all this heartache, you gave them the best life you could but for some reason their time on this Earth was up, but there is a cat Heaven and you WILL see them again one day.

I pray for you and your family, I hope that your hearts heal a bit more each day. God Bless.....:alright:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lovecat: what beautiful tributes for your amazing kitties! It is clear to me that you have the courage and strength to love again and to live deep. It is apparent that you are made of strong stuff; and now you have kitty angels Witty & Callie looking down from Heaven upon you. :angel::catrub:

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How lucky they were to have had you to love them so deeply, and how lucky you are to have had them give you purrs and kitty kisses back. The next days will be hard however, when we love this deeply and unconditionally that love never goes away. You will not stop loving them, you will learn to live around the fact they are not physically there, but are in your heart.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to three innocent little souls.You will be blessed for your love given to these and countless others that will come your way, thanks to your selfless giving in your rescue. They are the fortunate ones, they received love and care in their lives, the comfort they needed at the end. Witty will continue to be the Queen of her domain, she will help at the Rainbow Bridge, her new kingdom of peace and joy. She taught you the love of cats, and you bring honor to her name with the work you do. Callie and Scooter will be at peace now, whole and free from pain, once more playing like kittens.
The bond you form with each and every one will be with you always, for it is not physical, but brought forth by the heart. So it is eternal, bound to your very soul by love. They love you, and you brought them love. It is that simple. Whether it is through your own heart or the heart of their new families, you made it possible and the world thanks you. None of them would ever want you to be sad because of them. They would all want you to go forth into the future and into happiness and sunshine. They want only the best for the one they love. Use your wonderful memories of happier times to bring your heart comfort and know they will forever be a part of your loving heart.
I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, know there are many of us who wish you well and care for what you do, take care......RIP beautiful Witty, Callie, and Scooter. You will never be forgotten and will always be held in a loving heart. Goodnight, sleep tight, precious ones!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm speechless. Your replies all brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for your love and support. You're such kind people, and I am proud to be a part, albeit a new one, to this community.