Willy: June 2012 - June 10, 2016

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Willy was a member of our shelter's resident feral colony. He and his brother Pit were trapped as feral juveniles, and while Pit was successfully tamed and adopted, Willy remained so wary of humans that he became a permanent resident. He never allowed anybody to get too close, but he did meow at us, unlike most ferals. He was very quiet and a bit of a loner, but loved to hang out in the heated feeding room in winter and was one of the first to take over the last cabin that was put up in the enclosure last summer. Willy had his favorite places to sleep, and none of the other cats dared to use them. He loved treats and made sure he was around at treat time, though he didn't beg like many of the others.

Willy got very scruffy over the past few week, but kept managing to get away when we tried to catch him. This morning he was too weak to put up a fight. The vet diagnosed acute renal failure - a shock at the age of four - and sadly had to put him down.

Rest in peace, sweetie - you'll be missed so much.

View media item 353784

maggiemay

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for posting about Willy.  They are all so deserving of love, and Willy was loved.  I adopted a semi-feral and made him an indoor kitty.  He has the TNR clipped ear and is as fast as lightning. So fast I could not catch him inside my house!  Outdoors it would have been impossible.  It has literally taken two years to gain his trust, but he is making so much progress now in being happy and relaxed.  He even cuddles with me!  We still have far to go, but he is in his forever home.  God bless you for taking care of these precious little ones.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Bless you and the others at the shelter for loving and caring for Willy.  

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat world is so blessed to have people who care like you and all the others who take the time out of their own lives to care and nurture these lost souls. Each and every one of them is unique and has their own personality and a way to show it. I don't know how some littermates are so very different in temperament and personality, but I've seen it time and time again.

Willy was fortunate to have found you, someone who cared and loved him for what he was. Not many would have given him a chance, but you saw through his gruffness and knew him for the sweet cat he was.  My heart cries for losing such a sweet boy, he was loved and cared for and there is no justification for his having to go, But I am thankful he had someone who wouldn't let him suffer and lose his dignity. His time on this earth meant something, he will be missed and held in your heart forevermore, that is all any of us could ask for. Goodbye, little one. Although your time on this earth was short you left your mark and will never be forgotten. RIP sweet Willy, may your journey to the Rainbow Bridge be quick, so you can pick your favorite angel lap where you will be happy and content for evermore!

mimiaow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
RIP Willy.  He was a beautiful boy.  You did a great job with him.