Will Revolution or Frontline help with fungal skin infection?

Benny2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My vet just prescribed Revolution to possibly treat a fungal skin infection and I am worried about the side effects of both. He doesn't seem to have any visible fleas or mites and I am wondering if the pros outweigh the cons.

Advise is helpful!
Thanks!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
In dogs, it will treat canine sarcoptic mange but it used more frequently. My present GSD was treated for that condition as a puppy when he was rescued. I am not sure about fungal infections though.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I personally have never heard of that before. I would be asking for a treatment specifically to take care of the fungal infection. The only situation where a fungal infection might happen related to fleas would be from a flea allergy. But, as far as I know, the fungus has to be treated by other means besides a flea treatment.

Also, as far as I know the flea treatment your vet is recommending does not prevent fleas from biting before they die from the treatment, so the allergy from being bit can still occur.
Fungal Infection Of The Skin in Cats - Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, Recovery, Management, Cost (wagwalking.com)

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My vet just prescribed Revolution to possibly treat a fungal skin infection and I am worried about the side effects of both. He doesn't seem to have any visible fleas or mites and I am wondering if the pros outweigh the cons.

Advise is helpful!
Thanks!
You may want to try Colloidal Silver. Get the ones meant for cats. They come in spray form or dropper form. They are very safe. I use this for my boy on his wounds. Someone I know used this for his cat's fungus infections.

There are a few brands out there Do a check it.

IMG_0068.jpg

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Advise is helpful!
Thanks!

Revolution isn't a fungal infection treatment. It's only a parasite preventative / treatment. I'd question the vet on this. Your cat needs a medicine that specifically treats fungal infections. Did your vet say what kind of fungal infection your cat has? You may want to seek out another vet, perhaps a veterinary dermatologist, for treatment of the fungal skin infection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Benny2021

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all! I will look into the collidal silver and/or a vet dermatologist. All the vet said was it doesnt look like ringworm..ugh!

Have any of you used miconahex+triz wipes? I just ordered this for Benny and hoping it works.