Will My Preganant Feral Come Back?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not yet i was going to order a crate and bring them in when it gets here which is like in two days. Mom has been trapped before and im worried she wont go back in now that she knows what it is.

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma has her spay apointment set for the 4th.

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for answering my questions, one little guy already has a home lined up to go to when he is 8 weeks. Heres all the kittens being cute.

Attachments

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: i still have the kittens, all but one tested positive for fiv and their homes didnt want them.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww that's too bad. It will be a little harder for them to find homes. They can still live with cats who are FIV negative as long as they aren't fighting to the point of blood draw. Did you spay the momma already and test her? As long as she is spayed, even if released she won't be mating to spread the FIV to males...

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
FIV/FeLv tests are pretty unreliable if given under 6 months... I know for FeLv anyway they often give false positives from moms antibodies. FIV isn't too bad! Newer studies show that they can live just as long as other cats and they can live with negative cats with very small chance of passing it once everyone is fixed.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that you should test them again after 6 months. There are often false positives from mom’s antibodies prior to 6 months.

And I agree they can live normal lives with other cats. :)

Have the kittens been vaccinated?

Has mom been spayed?

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Momma has been spayed, but we would have to trap her again to test her and it took me a week to trap her to get spayed. We didnt get them tested one the adopters did, they immediately took him to the vet and he tested positive. We told the others there was a risk and they all backed out. The one kitten was vaccinated "for some things" thats l i was told when i picked him up. I cant keep all of them until they are 6 months old, but one rescue told me that if i retest them at 4 months old they will help me find them homes then. Im praying its a false positive because ive had no luck trying to find them new homes, and my current cat has gotten pretty aggressive so hes spends his day locked up in a separate room.

Skylsters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
But on the positive note, they are quite happy, playful, cute little buggers.
20180710_183239.jpg