Will My Kitten Miss Me Or Forget Me

Chokomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i recently posted about my very shy and inactive kitty.. he s fine now and very sweet, loving and affectionate. my boyfriend parents are here so I took him to my friend s place from the office to stay for about a week. (Have to put him back in the office when I return back to the small house cause no space at the moment).
I will be returning back to Singapore for Chinese New Year for about 3 weeks, so I wouldn’t be able to play with him and bond with it.. I am worried he ll forget me or shy away from me again.. I read about how important bonding period is at the first 6 months. These days while I’m with him I care for it a lot. He “grooms” me and follows me everywhere.. sometimes sleeps with me as well..

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Not to worry, just before you leave for home, make sure you have some of your clean unwashed clothings (non perfumed) and leave it all around for him. This way is to have your scents around the house and he'll feel safe when he smell the clothings.

Leave the clothings where he always hang out and sleeps and also extra in some places he seldom go to.

He may have separation anxiety and my boy has it. Here's an article on that :-
separation-anxiety-in-cats.30312

Once you are back, shower him with lots of kisses and hugs!

Last edited:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Who is taking care of him while you are gone? Whoever that is, they should start bonding with him during the three weeks before you go. The above posters' suggestions will help with him 'remembering' you, but having someone who he already 'knows' there with him while you are gone will help to reduce his anxiety level as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chokomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Who is taking care of him while you are gone? Whoever that is, they should start bonding with him during the three weeks before you go. The above posters' suggestions will help with him 'remembering' you, but having someone who he already 'knows' there with him while you are gone will help to reduce his anxiety level as well.
The original owner and the secretary. My trip has changed! So I won’t be gone for too long this time