Will dog pet door work for cats?

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well the new flap is on. I did put some black tape on the magnet. The flap fits snugly all the way around. Some of the kitties are having no trouble with the new "door" but a couple are having a problem with it. They are used to something just hanging there and now they have to give it a good push. I hope they get it as one of the cats is a favorite of mine. I just hope she doesn't think she's being shut out and goes somewhere else. We are getting our first snowfall tonite. 6-8 inches. The garage is about 50-55 degrees. I want the kitties to be inside safe and sound and warm. I'll worry if they can't get in.
How will you keep the path clear so that the snow doesn't pile up in front of the door ? Maybe you could make a sloped tunnel to the entrance. I wonder if you made it turn 90 degrees if you could leave the flap off - maybe the turn would keep the wind and snow out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I checked on the kitties last night and Lady was not there. She must of figured out how to get out. I was concerned she might not get back in. She's one that was having difficulties when we first put the new flap on. Well when I went out this morning to feed everyone she was there. I was so happy to see her.
This pet door is in the service door to the garage. We use this door all the time. During the winter months, it is shoveled in front of the door. I had kitties coming in last winter too. Sadly most of them have disappeared over the summer. But I have a new ones this year. At least I now know the kitties are able to use the new "door".

tnrmakessense

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Victory ! So glad the one you were worried about is using the door. So sorry about last years kitties. And every time I complain about Florida, I'll remember that I could be shoveling the walk 6 months of the year. And freezing my bippy.