Wild Calling Files For Ch. 11 Bankruptcy

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, Cheeser! It's so hard to find decent food and then...

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes that’s what my local store told me too. This is why I try to use as many decent grain free brands as possible and rotate. I have about a dozen cans left.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! That's too bad. Seemed like a good quality food.
I'm hoping that Wild Calling will be able to reorganize and keep going. Guess I better get busy crossing my fingers. :)

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that, Cheeser! It's so hard to find decent food and then...
The weirdly funny thing is that Buddy has finally started to bounce back after we hit a little bump in the road re: getting his food allergies sorted out. Then Natural Balance changed their formula for the Venison & Green Pea LID, and now this with Wild Calling.

And yesterday after I finally found a couple of cases of Hound & Gatos flavors I've been trying to get my paws on, I was told that the reason why they've been so hard to come by lately is because H&G is revamping their formulas. I'm going to e-mail Hound & Gatos today, and hope like crazy that that's just a misunderstanding on someone's part.

I need some chocolate. :runaround:

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes that’s what my local store told me too. This is why I try to use as many decent grain free brands as possible and rotate. I have about a dozen cans left.
Yep. This sort of thing is exactly why we like to have at least two sources for each type of protein that Buddy can tolerate. You never know when something might suddenly disappear, or be 'improved upon' so that it's no longer an option for us. :wink:

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep. This sort of thing is exactly why we like to have at least two sources for each type of protein that Buddy can tolerate. You never know when something might suddenly disappear, or be 'improved upon' so that it's no longer an option for us. :wink:
Wow. Seems like every brand changed recipes this year or last. Finally seeing everything smooth out now with my cat. Hopefully they will keep same recipes for a good long while.
Is your kitty still on Zyrtec? I think Zyrtec helped my cat with the new recipes we had to adapt.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Seems like every brand changed recipes this year or last. Finally seeing everything smooth out now with my cat. Hopefully they will keep same recipes for a good long while.
Is your kitty still on Zyrtec? I think Zyrtec helped my cat with the new recipes we had to adapt.
Glad your fur baby is doing better. :)

Buddy is still on Zyrtec, but we've been able to cut back on his dosage as his food allergy symptoms have improved.

And I heartily second your hope that these companies will stop tweaking with their recipes!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be fair, some of the recipe changes are good... like Wellness taking the carrageenan out of their Core foods. (Though after feeding them every now and then in recent months, I'm wondering if they're what's making Edwina vomit... time for a food diary...) What's unfortunate is that so many (even most? I'm not sure) of the changes involve adding filler ingredients like peas, as Merrick LID did, or carrots, as Primal did with its turkey.

Did you hear back from H&G, cheeser cheeser ? I'd love for them to take the agar-agar out of their foods without bringing back the gums or adding menadione, but that's probably too much to ask! :p

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To be fair, some of the recipe changes are good... like Wellness taking the carrageenan out of their Core foods. (Though after feeding them every now and then in recent months, I'm wondering if they're what's making Edwina vomit... time for a food diary...) What's unfortunate is that so many (even most? I'm not sure) of the changes involve adding filler ingredients like peas, as Merrick LID did, or carrots, as Primal did with its turkey.

Did you hear back from H&G, cheeser cheeser ? I'd love for them to take the agar-agar out of their foods without bringing back the gums or adding menadione, but that's probably too much to ask! :p
That's very true about some changes being for the better. Thus far, that hasn't been our experience, but there's always hope. :wink:

I did e-mail H&G yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The weirdly funny thing is that Buddy has finally started to bounce back after we hit a little bump in the road re: getting his food allergies sorted out. Then Natural Balance changed their formula for the Venison & Green Pea LID, and now this with Wild Calling.

And yesterday after I finally found a couple of cases of Hound & Gatos flavors I've been trying to get my paws on, I was told that the reason why they've been so hard to come by lately is because H&G is revamping their formulas. I'm going to e-mail Hound & Gatos today, and hope like crazy that that's just a misunderstanding on someone's part.

I need some chocolate. :runaround:
Where do you live? I have almost an entire case of H&G beef to sell, my cats hate it

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you live? I have almost an entire case of H&G beef to sell, my cats hate it
Thanks, but alas, it looks like Buddy might be allergic to beef, too. So we already have half a case that's collecting dust. :)

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm here in Colorado and my friend worked at a store who sold this stuff. It's made here too, seemed like a good food. Sounds like they're in pretty deep. :/