Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thank you for your persistence, and determination to trap him. He doesn't look too upset in the picture. So glad your vet agreed to see him today. Will be waiting to hear how it goes. Good luck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Others that showed up this morning.
received_10214629641037439.jpeg

Happy to see an ear tip on this calico girl! I've only seen her twice, she doesn't get close, I was thinking she would be hard to trap, but I don't have to!
received_10214629641517451.jpeg

This girl is Arabellas sister. So also 8 years old. We are see her every time we go out. I have caught her grooming the injured guy. I think the first litter was hers.
received_10214629642517476.jpeg

This Siamese guy is always close when we are there! Happy to see he is ear tipped as well!
received_10214629641677455.jpeg

This is our friendlier guy Arthur. He has a URI. The caretaker has taken him to the vet several times. They combo tested him. Gave steroid shots, and tried three different antibiotics. I'm going to see if he will take Lysine treats. He is not neutered yet.
received_10214629642757482.jpeg

This not neutered guy is shy, but I have pet him while he was eating. He always picks fights with other cats when I see him. He has a wound on his chest, it's healing. We think he is the dad to Arabellas litter.
received_10214629642717481.jpeg
some of them eating after we trapped our injured guy.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Combo test was negative- yay! x-ray showed that his leg was definitely broken a while back and then it healed itself. He isn't in any pain. Probably had nerve damage. The break was on his thigh, he no longer has the ability to move his knee or foot, but can move the leg from his shoulder. He seems to get around ok (he ran from us long enough lol) so the vet doesn't think amputation is necessary, although we can have it done. His leg is none functional, but it is fine the way it is for now! Vet confirmed he is around 6-7 months old, healthy. Seems more fearful than feral. It is possible that he was thrown from a car to the colony, although there is no way to verify this. We are changing his name to Ghost!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
He will be staying with us until a home can be found! He just appeared at the colony a few weeks ago so I think he was thrown out of a car- although who would know? I think he was a pet at one point. He is more fearful than feral. So I think socializing is possible!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He will be staying with us until a home can be found! He just appeared at the colony a few weeks ago so I think he was thrown out of a car- although who would know? I think he was a pet at one point. He is more fearful than feral. So I think socializing is possible!
Best news of the DAY!

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
We definitely have our hands full with all of the feral kittens and now him! Hoping we can get some adoptions of our other cats soon to relieve some of the stress! I am hoping there are no more kittens at this colony and we can get at least Arabelles sister and mom for this spay trip. They are the only other girls I have seen! I will have to ask the caretaker if there are more...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
They are all beautiful, but OH MY! That last single picture! What a gorgeous cat he is!
Isn't he beautiful?? He is definitely the bully of the colony though. He has started fights two days I have seen him. But he is unaltered as of now. I think the caretaker said he is a little over a year old.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone have name ideas for my two litters of kittens?
Older litter is three girls and a boy, all tabbies... I am thinking "M" names since they all have "M"s on their foreheads?
Younger litter are all boys.
I like to theme name litters... So everyone starts with the same letter... or characters from a book or movie, etc.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh that's wonderful news. Well done!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Beautiful pictures too.

I'm having a good trapping week as well. Just one cat left to trap out of a colony of about 14. They've all gone to a No Kill shelter so they won't have to suffer another Japanese winter outdoors.

Happy Trapping to both of us for the remaining cats!

:vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, spit. Names...beginning with "M" These are all names from mythologies from around the world:

Girl names
Maat Goddess of Truth
Mafet Lynx Goddess
Mahuru Goddess of Spring
Maia Grandmother of Magic
Manat Moon Goddess
Mari Goddess of the Sea

Boy Names
Maa God of Sight
Maaka God of War
Matton Demi-god of the meal, specifically, kneading dough (what better)

Second litter...hmmmm...

I'm stuck....Larry, Curly and Moe? Winken, Blinken and Nod? Alvin, Simon and Theodore? I'm actually kinda fond of that last one...

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Alvin, Theodore, and Simon! These three were at the golden age to socialize! All are very sweet and great me for food now. Their mom unfortunately has gotten more feral/upset/depressed the longer she is here. She has been feral for 8 years. She will be going back to the colony after her spay, she will be happier. I don't feel bad about it since the colony has such a great caretaker. These cats are so loved.
IMG_4562.jpg
IMG_4561.jpg
IMG_4554.jpg