Wild And Wonderful Animal Rescue's Feral Cat Tails...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Our local vets don't do low cost spay and neuter so our area has programs like MSNAP that give vouchers for free spay and neuter. (The humane society does this too). Funding is from grants and a lot of groups are currently out of grant money. This is why I like to collect whatever donations from individuals that I can and take them to the clinic that is almost 2 hours away for low cost clinics. I think I found another clinic a little closer and a little cheaper, I'm going to call Monday and get more details and see if they can get me in with a few Ferals. I found a rescue who can take the older long haired kittens if we can catch them.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Just went out to check the traps, saw both of the little fluffies outside playing. We caught silly Nemo again, he stuffed himself inside of the little kitten trap for the wet food lol. Let him out and reset it. We'll be back out in the morning to check again, hopefully we catch one of the babies!
I'll post a link to our Amazon wishlist in the morning- I want to go through and add some things!
Thanks!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Nemo isn't silly, he wants to come home with you.

:lol:

I know how you feel when you say it feels like an endless task. I've lost count of how many cats I've TNR'd now, but I still see feral cats around. Every single one makes a difference though. You just have to think about how many lives you've saved and how many feral births you've prevented.

You're doing an awesome job.

:rock:

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Took my camera with me today. I want to try to get pictures of everyone that I see so that I can monitor better how many there is. It is hard for me to say now, because every time I am there I swear I see new cats. Saw 5 today when I came by at noon to check the kitten traps.
IMG_4804.jpg
Bad picture but I think this black and white cat is the mom of the fluffy kittens, she is always with them anyway.

IMG_4810.jpg
One of the big fluffies!
IMG_4812.jpg

This looks like a Tom to me...
IMG_4826.jpg

Of course Nemo is always hanging out!
IMG_4850.jpg

This tabico girl is always sleeping on the table next to Clyde, I can't get close to any of them but Nemo right now though.

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Anyone particularly skilled at knowing the gender if a cat on their facial structure? I do ok at it sometimes... Caught this young adult in one of our kitten traps. Since we were going to be trapping today anyway we will just take him/her to our spay appointment for tomorrow. He/she got a dose of Advantage II before we drop them off at our vet tonight!
20171023_160331.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I want to say he's a boy, just because I have so many male tuxedos myself. How's it going with the smaller kittens? Did you manage to trap any of those yet?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
No! I can't believe we are having so much difficulty trapping them! This is one of our smaller traps we set for them. When we came by to set the bigger trap we already had him/her so we just decided to take him/her to our spay/neuter appointment. I really wanted to catch one of the calicos just so I knew we had a girl. We really need to get these girls done. Ugh.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Our local vets don't do low cost spay and neuter so our area has programs like MSNAP that give vouchers for free spay and neuter. (The humane society does this too). Funding is from grants and a lot of groups are currently out of grant money. This is why I like to collect whatever donations from individuals that I can and take them to the clinic that is almost 2 hours away for low cost clinics. I think I found another clinic a little closer and a little cheaper, I'm going to call Monday and get more details and see if they can get me in with a few Ferals. I found a rescue who can take the older long haired kittens if we can catch them.
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

HA! I BOOKMARKED IT! I meant to the last time, but had a brainfart.

That torbie is a lovely thing, isn't she?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know why we are having so many problems trapping these kittens. They just will not go in the trap. I am afraid to use anything exceptionally smelly because I don't want the adults shoving theirselves in the small traps.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear this. Not sure what you should do next. Is someone else feeding them?

ashade1

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh the caretaker feeds them every day. Since the young cats are so anemic I am a little cautious of withholding food. Also the caretaker is forgetful and I think if I told him to withhold food her probably will still put it out lol. I was hoping that since he doesn't give wet food that that would entice them more, but so far we have only caught the two young adults- Nemo and Dottie in the small traps.