Widget's recent issues with urinary blockage/Need food suggestions

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Widget, my 3 year old, suddenly developed a blockage in his urethra that required a 4 night vet stay, catherization, etc. Vet says he MUST now eat Hill's c/d. I was feeding Instinct Raw Boost Grain Free Recipe with Real Chicken Natural Dry Cat Food, at will feeding, plus he shared a can of Friskies with PNG every night unless I was out of town for a few nights. I'm currently trying to change off of the Friskies - store didn't have the Hill's, plus I'm not that impressed with the ingredients for the price. I was able to locate Authority Urinary Care, which doesn't require a script & is about $1 cheaper per can, but neither of them care much for it. It's a pate and they like shreds or pieces in gravy. Are there any shred/pieces in gravy types of food that could help? Also, I'm retired so don't have bunches of extra $$$. I am planning to add the cornsilk drops and D-mannose, as well.
Unlike PNG, he prefers his water in a bowl, not a fountain. PNG has an AquaPurr, since I have 2 bathrooms.
Anyway, all suggestions welcome!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is not maintained/up to date, but it's still fairly useful;
Canned Cat food Spreadsheets

You might also take a look at Weruva's foods including their B.F.F. and Soulistic (Soulistic is only available at Petco and on amazon)