Why Would She Stop...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you want to push the issue, you could buy a nice cat bed and put it in the recliner when you get up to go to bed. Feeby might beat you to the bed.
That would be the one thing I would buy for her that she would LIKE. Then, I would be spending my evenings being squished out of more space by not just a cat, but a cat on a bed!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Two nights in a row of sleeping with me - uh, that would be a big fat NO!

So, Night 10 - Feeby stayed on the recliner when I went to bed, but was on the living room floor when my husband got up. After she ate/drank, she came to bed for a mini-nap on my husband's side of the bed but left in less than an hour.

...Similar to Night 6 (the 4-cycle night thing, really????)...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Night 11: Feeby came to bed last night - but, it might be because I kind of, sort of "cheated".

She got off the recliner when I told her it was bedtime and went to get her midnight snack as I headed to bed. Maybe 15 minutes later, she still hadn't shown up, so I got up and went right to her living room floor hang out spot - there she was. I leaned down and petted her and 'reminded' her that she had forgotten to come to bed. I went back to bed, and about 5 minutes later there she was - hopping up on the bed. Stayed with me all night long.

Perhaps, I'll 'cheat' again tonight. (Disclaimer: I was doing this some of the time before I started "The Test", but most of the time she ignored me!!)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Night 12 - Feeby never got on the recliner, but stayed by the side of it - think it was too warm for her (sudden change of temp with a high of 85 degrees yesterday). So, left her there when I went to bed. I tried to 'cheat' again by later going back to the living room to remind her that she had 'forgotten' to come to bed. I found that she had moved from beside the recliner to her usual overnight hang out on the carpet near the bedroom door.

The 'cheat' approach didn't work and she spent all night in that same place. My husband got up to get ready for work and fed her. She ate/drank, and jumped up on the bed by my head and slept until I got up.

I guess she is going to do whatever it is she wants to do, and apparently that is not sleeping with me every night anymore...:headscratch:

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Dont give up hope, she might decide to sleep with you again, when it suits her of course. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that there is no rhyme or reason why cats change their habits.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My dog loves to sleep with me but he had hypothyroidism and gets too hot . Then he gets up and moves to the hard floor where it's cooler. If I call him he doesn't want to come back, if I make him he starts panting and looks stressed and leaves again.
They've got fur coats so maybe she's too hot. Maybe her thyroid is slowing down.

I used to always be cold. Now I'm always warmer. As I got older and fatter I also developed hypothyroidism. The medicine helps and the doctor insists that blood work is good but i haven't lost all the weight and still get too warm easier than I used to.
Maybe it's just not comfortable with two humans in the bed too.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi All!! UPDATE: Although I am no longer 'technically' charting whether or not she comes to bed at night to sleep with me, I will tell you that she has done so for the past 3 nights in a row!!

Also, just as part of the 'go figure' what cats are thinking - I have a chair on the patio which the base broke on a few years ago. We left it there and called it the "low rider chair" for Feeby - and she used to use it quite frequently, then less and less and less... And, what do you know...after MONTHS of not using it, where do you think I found her just a couple of minutes ago???

Like I said go figure...

20190227_162804.jpg