Why is my kitty vomiting?

drmroth

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 9 month old kitty vomits after having the chicken water from Costco's canned chicken breast and after eating really soft oily canned food. She only eats wet food but vomits after eating some but not others.

Any ideas why?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi,

It could be an intolerance to chicken and/or other kind of food or ingredients. It seems that chicken is the major culprit in cats intolerance to food.

Have you tried to change his diet to a different, totally different type of meat? Or a monoproteic canned food?

Furthermore, if your cat only eats wet food just make sure it's a complete food.

Some wet canned food aren't complete a need to be served with a helping of dry food daily.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would try keeping a log of what he ate before the vomiting and that way you might be able to determine a common food that's the culprit.  As the above poster mentioned, it's probably a food intolerance or ingredient intolerance.  The common ones are wheat, corn, soy, eggs, dairy, fish and sometimes chicken.  Often if they have an intolerance to chicken, then ARE able to eat turkey