Why Is My Cat Gone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm glad he came home. At his age he probably was out looking for love. At his age, it's quite likely that your lady cats are pregnant. My boys sprayed for the first time at 9 months. The vet said 2 of the three lady cats were pregnant and the third one was a little pregnant.

Take them into the vet now. Ask him to spay and neuter them. Ask him to not tell you the details. You don't need to know, but you need to do this now to keep tiny kittens safe from your mother.
Unfortunately, I don’t have that much money for spaying/neutering my cats. And my mother doesn’t even want to despite she hates seeing them mate.

It doesn’t seem that my two female cats are pregnant. I always stop them from mating before my two males even try to get close.

I’ll think of a way to neuter/spay them. Thanks for your help.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
It is good to know your cat came back.

If you love him that much, I suggest that you find him another home that he won't be hit or slapped anymore; A home that can afford neutering him and provide him regular vet checks; a home that is more cat-friendly. You seem to be a good kid, with a heart for animals. Use the goodness in your heart to be able to spread awareness and love towards animals. And when you are old enough and financially able to live on your own, bring the rest of your cats with you.

Goodluck. Keep that goodness in your heart whatever and wherever life leads you.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats were indoor only, I was home most of the time. I never saw them mate, and yet, everyone was pregnant.

None of the ladies did the in heat dance either. It was all silent since the boys didn't need to fight each other.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you will PM me with your location, I'll try to find some assistance for you for low-cost or free spay/neutering. Can't promise, but I am more than happy to try.

I'm so glad that your boy came home! And I applaude your plans for the future. I also applaud your insight into your own issues, and your determination not to allow other living beings to suffer for your own anger. Perhaps, when you are older, and "your own master", you can seek assistance in learning how to manage that anger constructively.

Stick around. We're happy to have you as a part of our community.

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It is good to know your cat came back.

If you love him that much, I suggest that you find him another home that he won't be hit or slapped anymore; A home that can afford neutering him and provide him regular vet checks; a home that is more cat-friendly. You seem to be a good kid, with a heart for animals. Use the goodness in your heart to be able to spread awareness and love towards animals. And when you are old enough and financially able to live on your own, bring the rest of your cats with you.

Goodluck. Keep that goodness in your heart whatever and wherever life leads you.
I really thank you for the suggestion, but I don’t think I have the guts to let them go. Fortunately, I convinced my mother that I’ll be the one to prevent their “behavior” and not her instead so she doesn’t hit them.

I just really hope they all stay in my life until my death.

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats were indoor only, I was home most of the time. I never saw them mate, and yet, everyone was pregnant.

None of the ladies did the in heat dance either. It was all silent since the boys didn't need to fight each other.
Our house is kinda compact and they all stay on the living room, which makes me see what they’re doing. There’s no signs of pregnancy on my cats.

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you will PM me with your location, I'll try to find some assistance for you for low-cost or free spay/neutering. Can't promise, but I am more than happy to try.

I'm so glad that your boy came home! And I applaude your plans for the future. I also applaud your insight into your own issues, and your determination not to allow other living beings to suffer for your own anger. Perhaps, when you are older, and "your own master", you can seek assistance in learning how to manage that anger constructively.

Stick around. We're happy to have you as a part of our community.
I’m actually from the Philippines so it’s really hard to find a cheap way to neuter/spay my cats. Thank you for your help but I don’t like relying on others, it makes me feel a bit bad.
Still, thanks again for you help.

Noted. If it gets worse, I’ll make sure to take care of my anger issues.

Thank you.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are more than welcome. Can you get that tape that is sticky on both sides? Cats HATE that stuff, and if you put it on areas where they want to chew/claw, they give it up pretty quickly. In a week, they'll have learned not to, and you can remove it, although you DO need to give them something that they CAN claw!

Although I realize that you don't like to rely on others, we're talking about the health of your cats here. It's very rough on females to go into heat all the time, and the hormones can cause cancers later in life, and males want to fight and roam. This site might be able to assist you, and they always need volunteers, so you could consider that as a way of "paying back." SPAY/NEUTER: What to expect / How much?

DirewolfSixer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are more than welcome. Can you get that tape that is sticky on both sides? Cats HATE that stuff, and if you put it on areas where they want to chew/claw, they give it up pretty quickly. In a week, they'll have learned not to, and you can remove it, although you DO need to give them something that they CAN claw!

Although I realize that you don't like to rely on others, we're talking about the health of your cats here. It's very rough on females to go into heat all the time, and the hormones can cause cancers later in life, and males want to fight and roam. This site might be able to assist you, and they always need volunteers, so you could consider that as a way of "paying back." SPAY/NEUTER: What to expect / How much?
Oh yeah I never thought of that. I actually used to put clear tape on my cats’ bodies to see how weird they would walk. :lol: I’d use the double-sided tape method but the thing is, they always go for the chairs (it’s fabric) so it would be a hassle to sit on it. On the other hand, I have ropes that I can loop on the table legs so they’d have something to scratch on.

I never knew that cats can get cancer just by that. I seriously need to get them spayed/neutered right now. Thanks a lot for informing me.

inkysmom

Inky's legacy - Belly rubs CAN tame feral cats!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had a beautiful cat named Emerald because of her gorgeous clear green eyes. I inherited her after my mom died. Unfortunately my mom refused to spay her until she was at least seven or eight years old. When she was spayed she had to stay overnight due to having an infected and inflamed uterus, common in unspayed females. She had to be on antibiotics and painkillers for three weeks after the surgery too.
This beautiful sweet frosty cat who I helped tame as a feral kitten had no health problems at all her whole life. Until one day I thought I felt a few small lumps when rubbing her belly. I worried a little but she hated going to the vet and it took three people to even get her in a carrier to move her to my place when my mom died, so the thought of bringing her in seemed traumatizing.
A few weeks or months later I was cutting her nails, which she hated but tolerated with a struggle. We'd been through this routine many times with no incidents. This time however she got extremely winded and kept panting after we were done for a while. It wasn't hot and she seemed strangely exerted. So I made an appointment and fought with her to get her in, only she didn't fight as much because she got winded again.
Tests showed she had mammary cancer that was metastasized to her lungs. No treatment, no hope of much survival time even with miracle and desperate treatments and even if I'd brought her in when I first felt the lumps I might have bought her a few weeks tops.
Her prognosis was maybe a month. For a cat who hated car rides and vet visits any treatment wasn't an option. Any stress would hurt her lungs and make her need to be in a hospital in an oxygen cage which would stress her more.
Turns out any female cat who goes through three or more heat cycles is much more likely to develop mammary cancer which is aggressive, fast growing and fatal with no treatment.
Beautiful Emerald only lived two weeks. I had a traveling hospice vet come to my house and give me comfort meds for any pain and breathing. I handled her tuna fish, baby food and her favorite treats until the day she didn't even want the treats and her breathing got worse. Thanks I called the vet to put her to sleep on her favorite bed with her best friend cat Tigey saying goodbye and me holding her. It was very peaceful but I will always neuter and spay all my pets so none have to suffer like she did. She could have lived to be twenty and she was was just a few months under sixteen.

She wasn't happy all those years unspayed. She suffered horribly with near constant heats and the uterus infection.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry that you feel so helpless about helping your kitties. It's hard to care so much and yet have so little recourse.

I know it's a long shot, but maybe if you show her some articles about why you should spay/neuter (the reasons members have listed here), she'll reconsider. There are plenty available on this site and elsewhere.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh yeah I never thought of that. I actually used to put clear tape on my cats’ bodies to see how weird they would walk. :lol: I’d use the double-sided tape method but the thing is, they always go for the chairs (it’s fabric) so it would be a hassle to sit on it. On the other hand, I have ropes that I can loop on the table legs so they’d have something to scratch on.

I never knew that cats can get cancer just by that. I seriously need to get them spayed/neutered right now. Thanks a lot for informing me.
You are very welcome. Most people do NOT know that! But it is good information when you are trying to get someone else to help with spaying and neutering! And that is why we are all here...for the good of all cats!

Sorry it took so long to answer you. I was visiting my younger son. First visit in 10 years!