Why Do Dangerous Things Look Cool?

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Remind me to never drive in your part of the country, wherever that may be.
LOL It's the same all over...Just stay out of Eastern MAss. They run people over there with their insane driving habits. I don't speed on back roads..I tend to tick people off by staying under the speed limit as there's always someone walking/running/biking and I don't like to speed if there could be children outside playing or pets etc.

We tend to drive fast on the highways. Especially Route 95 in Maine..since their prior governor finally raised the speed limit from 55 to 70 now it's a nice ride. In NH it's mostly 2 lane highways- one lane goes 55 and the other goes 75 80. So pick one..lol.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL It's the same all over...Just stay out of Eastern MAss. They run people over there with their insane driving habits. I don't speed on back roads..I tend to tick people off by staying under the speed limit as there's always someone walking/running/biking and I don't like to speed if there could be children outside playing or pets etc.

We tend to drive fast on the highways. Especially Route 95 in Maine..since their prior governor finally raised the speed limit from 55 to 70 now it's a nice ride. In NH it's mostly 2 lane highways- one lane goes 55 and the other goes 75 80. So pick one..lol.
All the same, I would like prior warning if you ever venture to WNY so I can stay off the roads until you have gone.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The speed limit on the interstate here is 80. Surprisingly, most people stay under that; there's rarely anyone actually going 80. Most people seem to settle at 78 or so. Of course, they also settle at 78 or so on the state highways where the speed limit is 65 :eek2:.

I do appreciate sharks and crocs and other dangerous animals, but I've always loved all animals regardless of their danger level. They're all pretty cool.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I admit I like the look and sound of cars like the Lamborghini. I especially like them at night when it looks like they are actually spitting fire out of the exhausts.

Even if I had a chance to drive one, too much car and I have no experience with that type of car. If I knew that someone was used to driving one I would definitely accept a ride in one.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Isn't that instant death though if a tire blows?
I don't know. Maybe. I should look that up. I don't think getting a blowout at 65 is particularly healthy either ;). Whoever did the cost/benefit analysis for raising the speed limit to 80 must have thought it was a reasonable risk. That was done in 2015 and I don't think interstate fatalities have gone up since then.

Interestingly, last year, the car in front of me on the interstate had a blowout, and the driver managed to recover control very nicely and pull over safely. I don't think we were going 80, though; it was in the slow-down area entering Sioux Falls. So maybe going about 70. I hope I can get control if I ever have a blowout. It's not really something you can practice for.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does she have to pass by your area if she picks me up? I'm bad with directions. :lol:

Isn't that instant death though if a tire blows? :fear:
Not unless she goes straight instead of hanging a right. It would be about a 350 or 400 mile navigation error. It was about 350 miles to Cranberry Lake, and I believe you are north of that.