Why Do Cats Do This

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
what is wrong with them attacking my feet I'm about had it with spooky their under my blanket she turns into an assassin every day and gets into everything I put stuff high she knocks it down help

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sounds to me as if you may have a very active and somewhat bored cat on your hands! One thing you can do is to get a good wand toy, something like Da Bird, and give her two or three really good play sessions a day. Two is OK, three is better, and more is WONDERFUL! Now, this requires your participation, and you have to pretend that you are the bird! Make that bundle of feathers soar, and swoop, and flutter on the ground, then take off again. Make her desperate to catch it, and wear her right out. Go until she's lying on the floor, panting, and when she recovers, do it again, and one more time. Very soon, not only will she have something more fun that your feet to attack, but she'll know that playtime is coming, and be less likely to knock things down from boredome! A few jingle balls to bat around wouldn't hurt a thing, either!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I got her the balls that have the bells in them she has a bunch of tennis balls I feel bad I have to work all day and I'm so tired when I get home I try to wake up early to play with her she had a wand from petco she bent it and it broke and she ate and threw up the feathers she loves looking out the window all day I'm gonna change up her area maybe put her cat condo she has near the window

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I've also been looking up DIY toys to make so 8m gonna try to make some

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try Da Bird. It is springy, and my 12-pounder hasn't been able to bend or break it, OR eat the feathers, which are VERY securely attached.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my wand toys have feathers. Mouse toy at the end that she can grab and put in her mouth like catching a real mouse! I have bought da bird before but they like this much better. Does she have cubes,tunnels, boxes to play in when alone?

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
She does have a cube like a pop up tent type thing they love to dive into it so I have to get another one and I let her out shes clawing up stuff running around like crazy but when sammy is in with her they look out the window I leave it open so they can sit in it what's the best way to secure it so the screen doesn't come out I live on the first floor and it's an apartment

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
when sammy is in with her they look out the window I leave it open so they can sit in it what's the best way to secure it so the screen doesn't come out I live on the first floor and it's an apartment
TCS has an Article about kitten/cat proofing your home - you may want to review all the tips especially #5 about securing doors and windows:
Kitten Proofing Your Home: 13 Practical Tips

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat dancer is good, too. It's cheap, and surprisingly sturdy - Lelia's good at destroying da bird feathers, but my cat dancer has yet to be replaced. And she loves it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat dancer is good, too. It's cheap, and surprisingly sturdy - Lelia's good at destroying da bird feathers, but my cat dancer has yet to be replaced. And she loves it.
Yeah, for maximum satisfaction and wear and minimum price, Cat Dancer has 'em all beat, I agree!

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I shut the window when I leave or I leave the window open during the day theirs no holes they just sit their and watch everything

Spookyandsammy

Tilly’s hooman maid
Super Cat
Purraise
I wish I could do that Sammy and spooky would be so happy

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the feather toys away when I go out or to sleep. Takes care of anyone eating them. Kit didn't eat her feather bird, the dog did.

Rummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It would make a huge difference if you played with Spooky for even 15 minutes a day with Da Bird. I work full time too, so I get it, but it's so much easier to exist with happy, tired cats than bored, destructive ones.