Whoever Said Cats Hate Their Belly Touched Never Met My Kitten...

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats like belly rubs except Lilah, and I think she will be OK with it soon. My Siberians have always loved it! Boris looked a lot like your Siberian, catquestions232 catquestions232 . He would run in front of me, stop and flip over on his back and chirp for belly rubs! I called him the belly rub king. :rbheart: Leonid (Siberian) will put up with anything, even belly rubs, as long as he is getting affection. :p Seal will sometimes roll over on his back and allow belly rubs when I am petting him. He's an ex-feral and is still not sure about it. But I love his fuzzy little belly so much that I rub it every chance I get. :redheartpump: Diamond will allow belly rubs, but he gives me a funny look when I do it and gets up after a minute or so. :bicolorcat:

Herschel from 40 years ago loved belly rubs too. Great cat!:catlove:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It really depends upon the personality of the cat. I had a cat named Baby-T who passed away years ago. She was abandoned and abused before I adopted her. She would not let you rub her belly and she was terrified of being pet by feet. I remember years ago my hubby was foot petting one of our other who cats who demanded it. Baby-T saw him doing this and actually bolted from the room. I got home from work shortly after this happened and found Baby-T hiding under my bed crying. I was easily able to coax her out by laying on the bed talking to her. She did over time finally get used to the fact that my other cat loved foot pets and realize that no one was going to do that to her. Sonny loves belly pets but only from my hubby. Starbuck wants belly pets right before bed time. Apollo generally only wants belly pets from daddy to but once in a while will ask me for them when hubby is at work on my day off. Casey will let either of us pet his belly but you really have to watch his body language because he gets over-stimulated sometimes and will chomp on you. He does not chomp hard enough to actually hurt you but I have learned to read his body language so I rarely get chomped anymore.