Who is/was into 80s/90s rock? I need your help!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since I'm the "fan-girl" :rolleyes: (I hate being referred to as a "fan" - I much prefer "lover of music" ;) ), I've been asked to come up with some interview questions for the bands that will be on the Monsters of Rock Cruise. Problem is...Harlan wants to compile these tonight!! :paranoid: EEP!

So I thought I would enlist y'all's help if you don't mind. :) If Harlan uses your question I will try to post the rockers' answers here! (Hopefully I will get to hear the interviews!)

Here's a list of the bands:

Tesla
Cinderella
Night Ranger
UFO
Stryper
Kix
Firehouse
Rhino Bucket
XYZ
Odin
DC4 (the brothers who founded Odin's band)
Lynch Mob
Helix
Keel
Black N Blue
Faster Pussycat
Bang Tango
John Corabi (singer from The Scream, Motley Crue, Union)
Eric Martin (singer from Mr. Big)
Ted Poley (singer from Danger Danger

If you can think of any questions for these guys, general or specific, please post them!

This is for The Monsters of Rock radio show, so questions about specific songs would work. Nothing that would push their buttons and get them really mad. We want to keep them talking. ;) Past, present or future (if you follow them closely enough to know what to ask!).

Thank you!!! :kiss:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've followed Helix for quite some time (they're a Canadian Band).

They are best known for a song called "Rock You" from  their 1984 Walkin' the Razor's Edge. A really great song!  However, while some hit songs are fan favourites, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was a band favourite.  When an album is released, some artists have an idea or a hope that a certain song will be a runaway hit.  You could ask them about that, or you could ask them what their creative spark was behind that song.

John Corabi was forced out of  Mötley Crüe in 1997 by the band's record label. They refused to fund another album unless Vince Neil returned.  So John Corabi was released from the band.  In 2008 he was on a cruise called "Motley Cruise" and did a number with Vince Neil. You could ask him how he felt about doing that.

Hope that helps a little

By the way I got those ideas from reading up on them from Wikipedia.  You can go there, type in a name and pull up all kinds of biographical information.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Last edited:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For Night Ranger:

Did you hear the tragic story about the bus full of Night Ranger fans that went over the cliff?

(Answer:  Of course, you didn't.  There were never that many Night Ranger fans.)  

I have been trying to get some of the cruise lines to start hiring 60's and 70's tribute bands to perform on their cruises.  No luck, so far.  Am I giving away my age, here?

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband is a Stryper fan. His question to them would be.

Where did the inspiration for their music come from?

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE Kix! They are a hometown band to us and I went every time they played at Cumberland Fairgrounds. In fact, Poison opened for Kix here one year in the mid 80's I think. Ask them why they haven't played at the CFG in the last few years! We miss them!!

Last edited:

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Night Ranger:

Did you hear the tragic story about the bus full of Night Ranger fans that went over the cliff?

(Answer:  Of course, you didn't.  There were never that many Night Ranger fans.)  

I have been trying to get some of the cruise lines to start hiring 60's and 70's tribute bands to perform on their cruises.  No luck, so far.  Am I giving away my age, here?
Hey, I like Night Ranger.....

Last edited: