White/cream Fur Blue Eyes. What Breed Is My Cat?

Chonchon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just adopted an approx 3 year old cat. Found him on the streets so we have no idea what breed is he.

The first pic shows him after a shower and hair cut which is more telling of his undercoat and fur Colour which is a
white/cream/light brown/grey.

The rest of the pics show the length of his Fur and how he would look when it grows out.

His eyes are light blue, nose is black or dark brown. He has a very meow soft and like to follow humans around the house.

Anyone has any idea what breed is he?

IMG_1393.PNG
IMG_0970.JPG
IMG_0796.JPG
IMG_0780.JPG
IMG_0704.JPG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chonchon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is a lynx point could even be a ragdoll.

Surely no semiferale, either gone astray and lost or dumped.
Thank you for the insight!

Very likely dumped because we posted in multiple Facebook group in the area he was found but no one claimed him.

He does have some very strange habits. He has the tendency to eat plastic bags so we always need to keep them out of sight. Also he doesn't cover his pee/poo after using the litter bin. ‍♀ He scratches at the wall of the bin instead.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's beautiful! Technically a blue lynx point Domestic Longhair, but some very possible Ragdoll influence, like StefanZ suggested. :)

Chonchon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, thanks for the information on his breed. Im guessing the Siamese part explains why he is so vocal and involved around humans!

Sharing some updates of how his fur grew out after an initial shave down and first grooming. So much better now!

auntie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
D9A5EA9D-F436-497E-A23C-E1ED6C77109A.jpeg
I have a theory about this guy. Look up Neva Masquerade. It’s a variant of the Siberian breed, but is not “pure” Siberian, as the point coloration is the result of crosses with pointed cats. Many Neva Masquerades have a lynx point pattern, since the original Siberians are often tabbies. These cats are often less allergenic than ordinary housecats, but not always (some people think traditional Siberians are more likely to be hypoallergenic, but many people report otherwise—it’s not very scientific). Perhaps someone bought him as a kitten thinking he wouldn’t trigger allergies, and found out that he actually did. Not sure in that case why they wouldn’t try to rehome him properly...maybe they tried but he ran away in search of his old territory.

He looks so much like my Neva kitten, who is (like him) a beautiful and strange creature. Also, unlike our Balinese, she’s not as hypoallergenic as we had hoped! But we’re going to put every effort into sticking with her. Good luck and congratulations on a beautiful pet cat.

Chonchon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 215522 I have a theory about this guy. Look up Neva Masquerade. It’s a variant of the Siberian breed, but is not “pure” Siberian, as the point coloration is the result of crosses with pointed cats. Many Neva Masquerades have a lynx point pattern, since the original Siberians are often tabbies. These cats are often less allergenic than ordinary housecats, but not always (some people think traditional Siberians are more likely to be hypoallergenic, but many people report otherwise—it’s not very scientific). Perhaps someone bought him as a kitten thinking he wouldn’t trigger allergies, and found out that he actually did. Not sure in that case why they wouldn’t try to rehome him properly...maybe they tried but he ran away in search of his old territory.

He looks so much like my Neva kitten, who is (like him) a beautiful and strange creature. Also, unlike our Balinese, she’s not as hypoallergenic as we had hoped! But we’re going to put every effort into sticking with her. Good luck and congratulations on a beautiful pet cat.
Your kitties are adorable!!! I googled

Chonchon

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 215522 I have a theory about this guy. Look up Neva Masquerade. It’s a variant of the Siberian breed, but is not “pure” Siberian, as the point coloration is the result of crosses with pointed cats. Many Neva Masquerades have a lynx point pattern, since the original Siberians are often tabbies. These cats are often less allergenic than ordinary housecats, but not always (some people think traditional Siberians are more likely to be hypoallergenic, but many people report otherwise—it’s not very scientific). Perhaps someone bought him as a kitten thinking he wouldn’t trigger allergies, and found out that he actually did. Not sure in that case why they wouldn’t try to rehome him properly...maybe they tried but he ran away in search of his old territory.

Your kitties are adorable!!!

I googled Neva Masquerades and I must say they look very much alike to this guy I've got here. However fully grown males are in the range of 16-18lbs, and this guy here is only 12lbs at 4 years old! Also Neva Masquerades are almost never heard from from where I'm from - Singapore! I'm leaning more towards a Lynx Point Siamese-Ragdoll Mix. Thank you for the information anyway, its very interesting to learn about new information on cats everyday!

Korinmewmew

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just adopted an approx 3 year old cat. Found him on the streets so we have no idea what breed is he.

The first pic shows him after a shower and hair cut which is more telling of his undercoat and fur Colour which is a
white/cream/light brown/grey.

The rest of the pics show the length of his Fur and how he would look when it grows out.

His eyes are light blue, nose is black or dark brown. He has a very meow soft and like to follow humans around the house.

Anyone has any idea what breed is he?

View attachment 199583 View attachment 199584 View attachment 199585 View attachment 199586 View attachment 199587
He looks a lot like my Korin. :lovecat3: