Which Litter Disposal Unit?

david23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Any major differences between the various litter storage/disposal units e.g. litter locker, litter genie etc or are they all pretty similar? Thanks...

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just use a trash can with a lid next to the litter box. I didn't want to have to keep buying special bags for the litter genie. The bag goes out once a week and because of the lid there's no smell.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Litter Genie (aka the world's grossest sausage maker.) It works well enough. I don't smell it except when I pull the trapdoor to add new output to the "sausage." If it's particularly aromatic, I'll add baking soda. It takes about two weeks to stuff one sausage and I get about three sausages per LG refill. Considering I used to bag and walk her deposits to the dumpster every time, this has really made life easier.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like litter genie, but I don’t like their refills, I ordered Firik refills instead and imo they contain the smell much better and they seem to be thicker and they last for much longer (they are longer). I also add the baking soda to it every day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just use a trash can with a lid next to the litter box. I didn't want to have to keep buying special bags for the litter genie. The bag goes out once a week and because of the lid there's no smell.

:yeah:

Actually, I just scoop the waste into a bag, tie it off, and put it into the kitchen trash can. I take the kitchen trash out every single night. I live in a building that has a trash chute on each floor so it's not a big deal to take the trash out. For someone who has to go outside to a dumpster, it may be more of a pain especially if the weather is bad. A small trash can dedicated for litter waste is a good idea and you can stick an air freshener or box of baking soda inside the can to control odors.