Where to put a litter box in a small house without it stinking up the place

babyhuffman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My bathroom is too small for a litter box, so I've put it in my bedroom. I use a dust-free clump and seal type litter, and the litter box doesn't stink. I clean the box once per day, twice if needed.

akitty47

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My fancy schmancy litter box looks just like Angel's mommy: $5 plastic box I bought at Wal Mart; I put the lid under it so it is always there. Reason for that is it is large enough my cat can use for more than a day if needed. It is placed in my tiny bathroom. I usually scoop it in the morning before going to work, dropping the output in dumpster, and then when I am back home. Like others, I think that goes a long way to keep the "lingering" smell down.

FYI, my cat tends to only use it when I am home.

IMHO, if the cat can properly cover it and the litter can dry/cover the "output" the amount of "immediate post-use" smell decreases to nothing. And that is why I was disappointed with the "yesterday news" cat litter.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
And don't forget to get your kitty spayed or neurered. That will bring down the odor tremendously. Also make sure they drink lots of water. ;)