Where place is better for Putters to stay for a few months???

puttree

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I have to move out of my apartment for 3-6 months and where I am going I can not take my 1 year old cat (Putters). I am not sure which place would be a better place to keep Putters for a few of months.

I can take Putters to a friends house who has a large mellow dog. Putters has seen the dog a few times they were starting to move closer as long as it is Putters who moves to the dog and the dog does not move to her.
My friend lives about 5 miles from where I will be, she works from home. I can go over there any time.

Or take Putters to my sisters house who has 2 cats, 1 is an older cat, the other 1 is just a few months older than Putters. I have taken Putters there a couple of times, all 3 cats keep their distance but are starting to get a litter closer the 2 little ones play a little at a distance and hiss a little at one another.
My sister lives about 45 minutes from where I will be, there is always someone at the house. I will go there 2-3 weekends a month.
(where there is other cats that she can play with but I can only see her on weekends)

Putters is a playful cat but is not a real lovable except usually first thing in the morning and when I first get home. If you pick her up or pet her when she does not want the attention she will meow if you do not stop she will bite, but not hard at all, just to let you know to stop. We play this hide and seek game where she will go and hide and I will go find for her then she will run and hide again, if I do not go and find her she will come get my attention then go run and hide.

I need some advise as to which place would be a better place for Putters to be for a few months.
1 - Where there is a dog, but I can see her anytime
2- Where she can play with another cat but I only see her on weekends

rosieposie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alot of cats under one roof may cause issues. In my opinion if the dog and cat get on then thats the option i would go for.

If you are as close to your cat as you say you are then I am sure she would love to see you more often.

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would go with option 1

If it were me I would want to be as close as possible and visit often.

Also, she may not get along with the other cats or the dog but I would be more comfortable if there is a person home all day to supervise.

cmedeiros17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would go with the dog as long as they get along. I agree that a multicat household could potentially cause problems and be more stressful for your cat to settle into. Plus, it would be nice to go visit whenever you want condisering its only 5 mins away! You're very lucky to have options like this!

cat person

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As many people have said I would go with option number 1. Just make sure your cat and the resident dog can cohabit the home without many issues.

Please let us know what you decide as well
?