Where Do You Buy Your Cat Supplies?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I buy most of my cat stuff off Chewy. Sometimes I pick up their dry food from the vet if I'm picking Cherestin up at the time (Taste of the wild.) I used to shop at Petco but they don't stock the food I need to buy for my chicken/poultry allergic cat. I tried some of Petco's Merrick's L.I.D. Salmon dry food this month and it is a bit to heavy for my cat's stomachs. But the Taste of the Wild Trout/Salmon works perfectly :) Plus I can buy their L.I.D. wet food online. I keep buying their litter at Target so it doesn't bang up my other purchases from Chewy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I bounce between Chewy and Amazon a lot because they usually have the same deals, when one thing goes on sale it goes on sale both places. I am constantly on the look out for good sales to stock up on things!

mercer

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Publix is down the road from us but they only stock either store brand or self-commercial brand (basically what they're paid to advertise) and it's never that good, so we go to Wal-Mart since it's basically a warehouse and has a bigger selection. However, the same items can be bought online at Chewy.com (offer some great deals and prices) or Amazon for cheaper and, if you can't go out or goes out of stock a lot, makes it easier.

As for any toys or beds, I definitely prefer checking them out at Petsmart for quality, then finding an off-brand version for a lower price online or at Walmart.

Wendyrama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Another vote for Chewy's! I think they have some of the best prices around and a comprehensive inventory. The West Coast delivery is crazy fast - can be less than 24hrs Fed Ex but no more than 48 hours. And their customer service rocks.

Petco is a difficult company to do business with. Their pricing is all over the map but always higher than others. Delivery can be slow with poor communication. Returns are infuriating and invoices confuzzlng.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no I went into the Petco shop to buy a new beta fish & got some cat stuff while I was there. I prefer Chewy..... though I have been known to order cat litter off of amazon a couple of times, since I already have the prime membership.

CatLadyRenee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you have a Tractor Supply Company near you? Their litter is about the cheapest I've found and works really well.
I get my dry cat food from chewy.com, delivered on a regular schedule. There's is a discount for subscriptions and free shipping over a certain $ amount. The cats love the cardboard shipping boxes and packing paper. No need to buy expensive toys or scratchers.
I used chewy.com for most products but I buy my cat food elsewhere I also recommend chewy.com they have the best prices and low shipping cost cost and I think if you order $50 or more shipping is free

Last edited by a moderator:

Blakeney Green

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
For my personal animals, I use a combination of Chewy, Amazon, Tractor Supply, and a local chain that offers quality pet foods - depending on what specifically I'm looking for and what's on sale.

For the shelter we also use MWI for veterinary supplies and we use wood stove pellets for litter because it's a lot cheaper. I don't like the pellets enough to use at home, to be honest with you, but when you have to do things at a high volume you sometimes have to compromise.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I get basically everything on Chewy. I absolutely love them. I just sent an email about a 24 case of Hound & Gatos that my cat didn’t like and within 5 minutes, I received a reply informing me they’d refunded my purchase. For things like litter or my litter genie refills, I go to a Midwest chain of grocery store called Meijer.

homebrewdr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not to be like, whatever, but the prices at places like Petco are almost a joke. There is a really cool online store called meowhi.com that carries some cat furniture and a ton of other cute cat themed stuff. They are really friendly people as well.