Where DO we get those silly cat 'endearment' names from?

mx4878

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not my cat, but a cat i know
The cat's original name was Garfield (uncle named him), the kids decided on cookie as a nickname, my grandma refused any other name and would call him mishu (after a stray cat she loved, which she named mishu as a child). Soon everyone was calling him a different name but he would only respond to mishu, that was a year ago now his names are mishu, meesh, mishmish (peach in arabic), abu al-meesh (father of the meesh), and meesh the mishu. I personally love to call him mishmish
I dont know what mishu or meesh even mean but we all went along with it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not my cat, but a cat i know
The cat's original name was Garfield (uncle named him), the kids decided on cookie as a nickname, my grandma refused any other name and would call him mishu (after a stray cat she loved, which she named mishu as a child). Soon everyone was calling him a different name but he would only respond to mishu, that was a year ago now his names are mishu, meesh, mishmish (peach in arabic), abu al-meesh (father of the meesh), and meesh the mishu. I personally love to call him mishmish
I dont know what mishu or meesh even mean but we all went along with it.
I love abu al-meesh. Excellent!

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie gets called lil pest or lil brat but the names are more than earned by her actions :lol:what else am i supposed to call her when every time i clean her litter she has to get into the box get in the way digging or justpoop or pee in it soon as i finished cleaning it:rolleyes:it has to be premeditated

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
graycie gets called lil pest or lil brat but the names are more than earned by her actions :lol:what else am i supposed to call her when every time i clean her litter she has to get into the box get in the way digging or justpoop or pee in it soon as i finished cleaning it:rolleyes:it has to be premeditated
I call that "good catting!" It's really very common with cats. IDK the reason -- I guess you'd have to ask her! -- but maybe it has to do with marking territory? (This is MINE! You can't use it!):angrycat:

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call that "good catting!" It's really very common with cats. IDK the reason -- I guess you'd have to ask her! -- but maybe it has to do with marking territory? (This is MINE! You can't use it!):angrycat:
:lol:i dunno but i have to think premeditated when i go to clean her poop right after she is done and then she can go into her litter box and squeeze out a lil bit more soon as i put scooper away:rolleyes3:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:lol:what else am i supposed to call her when every time i clean her litter she has to get into the box get in the way digging or justpoop or pee in it soon as i finished cleaning it:rolleyes:it has to be premeditated
Mingo sometimes does that. I think the sound of scooping stimulates them and then causes them to use the box. Similar to a human needing to go when they hear running water. I happens to me every time I wash dishes.

mister obama

don daleiden at my house...
Young Cat
Purraise
Sophie's most common nickname is Bunny. She got all riled up with a catnip toy once and she grabbed it with her front paws and bunny hopped across the living room with it.

Lilith's most common nickname is Little Queen. She's a real diva.
My friend had one of those rare cats that could jump up and turn a door knob! (how do they learn that?) and she called him door-nob, but she had a dyslexic son who changed it to "noor-dob" ! best cat name....from long time ago.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend had one of those rare cats that could jump up and turn a door knob! (how do they learn that?) and she called him door-nob, but she had a dyslexic son who changed it to "noor-dob" ! best cat name....from long time ago.
My cat Dante knew how to open door knobs with handles (the bar kind.) In his case I think he was largely motivated by separation anxiety. My current cat lives with just me & has the run of the place..... so he has no need to open doors.