when to meet face to face? (two kittens)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve watched the video, Both of them have lots of fun, this is perfect kitten play given they’ve just met. Not too rough if the little one comes back for more and he does. He’s smart, he knows that when he crowls under the couch he won’t be that exposed. It’s important that he has such places to hide, my adult cat still have them and uses them when my boy is a bit too rough with her (and he can be, but that’s ok, as she knows how to deal with it, and so does Ash, he communicates effectively). He’s really enjoying it even if he loudly lets her know he doesn’t like particular play bite or play attack.
Some cats also have different playing styles, my boy is a wrestler, and my girl a chaser (never a chasee though...). They had to find their own way of playing and they did.

If course your cats don’t relax or just hung out yet, they’re too excited, they got the best toy ever and won’t loose any time not enjoying it. They will relax once they’re together all the time and they won’t have a choice since they’ll be too tired to play. You’ll notice it as soon as you’ll end the separation.
It’s really really good and absolutely no reason to worry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve watched the video, Both of them have lots of fun, this is perfect kitten play given they’ve just met. Not too rough if the little one comes back for more and he does. He’s smart, he knows that when he crowls under the couch he won’t be that exposed. It’s important that he has such places to hide, my adult cat still have them and uses them when my boy is a bit too rough with her (and he can be, but that’s ok, as she knows how to deal with it, and so does Ash, he communicates effectively). He’s really enjoying it even if he loudly lets her know he doesn’t like particular play bite or play attack.
Some cats also have different playing styles, my boy is a wrestler, and my girl a chaser (never a chasee though...). They had to find their own way of playing and they did.

If course your cats don’t relax or just hung out yet, they’re too excited, they got the best toy ever and won’t loose any time not enjoying it. They will relax once they’re together all the time and they won’t have a choice since they’ll be too tired to play. You’ll notice it as soon as you’ll end the separation.
It’s really really good and absolutely no reason to worry.
Thank you!!! Was so unhappy last night.
But tho morning they both really really wanted access to the other. They’ve now been together with me in the living room for a whole hour!!!! No blood! A lot of chase and pounce and snarling. But the little one is into it. When she lays down and takes a break he comes at her!!! So now it’s really feeling more like mutual play. I’m so relieved!!!!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!! Was so unhappy last night.
But tho morning they both really really wanted access to the other. They’ve now been together with me in the living room for a whole hour!!!! No blood! A lot of chase and pounce and snarling. But the little one is into it. When she lays down and takes a break he comes at her!!! So now it’s really feeling more like mutual play. I’m so relieved!!!!
I’d keep them together whole day if you’re around, who knows, maybe they will even start snuggling when they’re tired enough :)

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’d keep them together whole day if you’re around, who knows, maybe they will even start snuggling when they’re tired enough :)
I could hope!!! It’s been two hours and they don’t seen tired yet, sheesh

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I could hope!!! It’s been two hours and they don’t seen tired yet, sheesh
When Link was 1 year and Rocket was 3 months those two would go running through the house pretty much non-stop until bedtime. A few passed out moments from one or the other but not much. Kittens really are balls of energy. I think it was about a year before the slowed down and that was more so Rocket decided she was too mature to tumble with brother anymore (most of the time). If you dont have any, the collapsible tubes make great toys. They can run through them, jump over them and bat at each other from them. And when the older one gets too be too big to run through as easily it give the smaller one a way to slow them down.

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Link was 1 year and Rocket was 3 months those two would go running through the house pretty much non-stop until bedtime. A few passed out moments from one or the other but not much. Kittens really are balls of energy. I think it was about a year before the slowed down and that was more so Rocket decided she was too mature to tumble with brother anymore (most of the time). If you dont have any, the collapsible tubes make great toys. They can run through them, jump over them and bat at each other from them. And when the older one gets too be too big to run through as easily it give the smaller one a way to slow them down.
Thanks! yeah, hard to believe they could do this all day!!! But I bet they could. We have one small tube, but I should get a bigger one. . .I do have kids that like to create kitten play spaces from boxes and such, so we do have a lot of places for them to run and hide and play. :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks! yeah, hard to believe they could do this all day!!! But I bet they could. We have one small tube, but I should get a bigger one. . .I do have kids that like to create kitten play spaces from boxes and such, so we do have a lot of places for them to run and hide and play. :)
The three way tubes are fun. Makes it more of a game since they dont just go to the other end to wait. Get one with an opening in the middle and you'll also feel like it's a game of wack a mole at times. I like to get the ones that are washable and waterproof because it then means my rabbit can get any the cats are tired of. He loves moving them around and rearranging his tunnels.

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMG, I got a new litter box for the downstairs since two cats now. They just both used it for the first time—at the same time!!!! It was hilarious! I’ve never seen two cats pee in unison!
I don’t know what it means, but sure looked like bonding to me!!! lol

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The three way tubes are fun. Makes it more of a game since they dont just go to the other end to wait. Get one with an opening in the middle and you'll also feel like it's a game of wack a mole at times. I like to get the ones that are washable and waterproof because it then means my rabbit can get any the cats are tired of. He loves moving them around and rearranging his tunnels.
Yeah need one of those!
They are having another play session and it’s already quieter than this morning. Like they are figuring this out. 💗
And when they first greeted each other she was licking him. :)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG, I got a new litter box for the downstairs since two cats now. They just both used it for the first time—at the same time!!!! It was hilarious! I’ve never seen two cats pee in unison!
I don’t know what it means, but sure looked like bonding to me!!! lol
This is so excellent! Well done kittens!

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your help! It was so nice to have reassurance as I went through the steps to having these two meet. I was so stressed a few days ago and now look at this!!!!! <3 Their first snuggle session. I'm so happy!
first snuggle2.jpg snuggle.jpg

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Excellent update! Enjoy them!! Do you still separate them at times?
We put him in the kitten room overnight and are separating them when we are not home. But today they have been together for the whole day and it's gone great. They rough house/play, but they have also snuggled and napped on their own. so they are finding their rhythm. Not sure whether to try leaving him out tonight. . .I worry about 3am play sessions. and will separate them when we aren't home for a little longer. but they have adjusted to being together so fast that I bet that won't be long!

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sati and Ash were snuggled up sleeping together last night, so we left him there instead of putting him in the kitten room. But then they started wrestling at 3am my husband moved him back to his room. I probably would have just ignored it, but we are trying to teach them to sleep at night. Our resident kitty, Sati, has been great at always being asleep when we are. In fact, last night was the first night she didn't spend the entire night snuggled up to me in bed!! I'm a little sad at that.
Today is only their second full day of having full access to each other and already it's calmed down so much! I haven't heard him hiss at her once all day. And just now I couldn't find the little guy, so I went looking and found him napping-alone-in his bed in the kitten room. I think it's great that they can each have their own space and moments. . .unlike the first day where they were just chasing every moment. They played an adorable game of peek and bat-paws this morning.