When is it time to say goodbye?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You did the hardest and bravest thing that anyone could do for their companion animals. I am so sorry that it happened for both of them at the same time and that you were not properly supported during this time by those who should have been more nurturing.

As time passes I hope that memories of the good times with them will return and possibly, some day when you feel the time is right, you will be able to share your incredible love with another fortunate cat.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I know this wasn't easy for you. It's not easy for any of us, but you did them an act of mercy so do NOT let guilt heavily weigh you down. What you did took strength and bravery and you had to summon courage for the babies you love so much. Keep talking to us, please, we all want to be here for you <3 and like I said when you are ready I'd love to hear stories about memories you cherished with them.

I hope you're holding up okay! I'm thinking of you

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My heart is breaking for you. I have just read through this thread. I am bawling my eyes out.

Having lost 4 cats to different cancers, I can truthfully say that only my girl Spice was the one not left too late. I am shattered now when think what my boys went through as treatment after treatment was tried. The decisions should have been made for them far sooner. And I still cry now when I think about the first boy, Blade , who died alone at home when we were at work. No one there to hold him and whisper how much we loved him 😭😭😭😭. Or poor Talus who went down hill literally overnight, after having had a really bright weekend. He had lymphoma and just collapsed on the Tues morning, after having messed himself but not able to move away from it. I remember bathing him and calling the vet to come out, but they weren't able to get there till late afternoon. I held him on my lap, wrapped in towels, gently stroking his poor, emaciated body. It took him hours to die piece by piece and even now over five years later I bitterly, bitterly regret all the decisions we made to keep going with treatments. We should have let him go far earlier.

At least you know, or you will know, that you have made the strongest and most selfless decision you could to release your boys from their pain. I was not strong enough to make the right choices and I regret it to this day.. But you were, and I know that your cats love you for being brave enough to make that choice for them and loving them, even though you've let them go. My heart still breaks for your loss 💔💔

Caspers Human Caspers Human Such a devastating story about poor Missy, that made me cry even harder. How terrified she must have been, alone and blind in a basement and left to die. Poor, poor girl. At least I hope she knew you cared about her. 😭😭💔