When is it time to say goodbye?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Our vet was willing to drive out of town to reach us when we put Jack down. It turned out to be unnecessary as we were able to get him there (and give him one last car ride and get him his pizza) but I still don't see why the vet would back peddle =( sad

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'll just be glad when it's over and I'll never have to deal with this vet again.
I didn't mean here.
We knew, but thank you for clarifying in the midst of all you're dealing with. I'm so glad your husband is there for you!

My thoughts, prayers, hugs and love are with all of you :hugs:

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my vet Finally got back with me, probably just to shut me up, and she said she'd do it...for $600...so I'm going to have to take him in after all. We just have to make special arrangments. I told them to be prepared and that above all else I want this as peaceful as possible. She's going to call in a sedative that I will give him before the carrier/car ride, then more sedative when he arrives. My husband will go with me for support and help. I expected there to be a fee but was thinking a third of that. That's just unbelievable. I feel like they're making a difficult situation more difficult. I've had to talk way too much about this. I'll just be glad when it's over and I'll never have to deal with this vet again.
.....That's just inexcusable. If it was me I'd make damn sure they know I'll never be back.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't find the other threat so I apologize if this is repetitive at ALL but are there no other vets in your area? This vet is giving some seriously skeevy vibes =(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Razum'dar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Six hundred? Bull puckie!

To me, that sounds like she’s jacking up the price so high that you won’t want to pay just so she won’t have to make a house all.

I was thinking, maybe, $100 for the house call plus the cost of service and consumables. For two cats, $200 - $250 out the door... TOPS!
I agree 100%. Like it's a deterrent because my gray cat is 'difficult' and she doesn't want to deal with it. You're spot on with my own thoughts.

Razum'dar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't find the other threat so I apologize if this is repetitive at ALL but are there no other vets in your area? This vet is giving some seriously skeevy vibes =(
No it's ok. And yes there are but not many good ones. I'm going to be the 'pita' client to make sure he has the ending he deserves. I'll make sure it happens.

Bolts

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve just picked up on this thread and I’m sitting here bawling at your stories and for the loss of my own sweetie. Your 1000% doing the right thing. Don’t feel guilty you’ve given them a great life which a lot of cats don’t ever get.
I woke up one morning old boy was fine, in a split second I heard a yowl and he’d completely loss the use of his back legs, he was put to sleep within 30 min of that, I felt so much guilt thinking I must have missed something, 3 months on and I still have a sniffle everyday, but I then think he had a great life when he found me and moved in, and I’m sure he’d be glad I did the right thing by him.

Razum'dar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve just picked up on this thread and I’m sitting here bawling at your stories and for the loss of my own sweetie. Your 1000% doing the right thing. Don’t feel guilty you’ve given them a great life which a lot of cats don’t ever get.
I woke up one morning old boy was fine, in a split second I heard a yowl and he’d completely loss the use of his back legs, he was put to sleep within 30 min of that, I felt so much guilt thinking I must have missed something, 3 months on and I still have a sniffle everyday, but I then think he had a great life when he found me and moved in, and I’m sure he’d be glad I did the right thing by him.
ty and i'm sorry for your loss