When All Else Fails.....what Do I Do?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What about a standalone big walk-in cage type of thing?
I've seen walk in cages connected to a window. Google has many wonderful catio ideas.

Edit: a good handy person can probably add a good roof to this. add some shading if you live in a place that becomes very hot. you dont want the kittys to have heat stroke.

Last edited:

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've seen walk in cages connected to a window. Google has many wonderful catio ideas.

Edit: a good handy person can probably add a good roof to this. add some shading if you live in a place that becomes very hot. you dont want the kittys to have heat stroke.
I mean wouldn't you still need a room for the cats for when it rains or is too cold? Plus that doesn't look like that much space for the cats.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean wouldn't you still need a room for the cats for when it rains or is too cold? Plus that doesn't look like that much space for the cats.
She can bring them to a bedroom if it rains. The catio can be bigger if necessary.

Perhaps it's not much space. But I just think it's better than rehoming the cats with strangers. Consider this a last resort for her keeping the cats. I've seen much bigger catios with a roof, and space for the humans to go in.

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She can bring them to a bedroom if it rains. The catio can be bigger if necessary.

Perhaps it's not much space. But I just think it's better than rehoming the cats with strangers. Consider this a last resort for her keeping the cats. I've seen much bigger catios with a roof, and space for the humans to go in.
I don't know, never had experience like that before, but I feel like that would be more stressful for the cats then rehoming. Just my opinion of course.

Pouncecat1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I built an outdoor cat pen connected to my bedroom window. You can open the window, lock it open and give the cats access to both indoor and outdoor areas.

Right now I have two cats locked separately. One gets bullied, the other steals food from the cupboard and has terrible food allergies. It id easier to keep a divided house. They sell door or refrigerator alarms that beep if you don't shut the door immediately. Ive thought about getting one because our front door doesn't always close and I don't want the cats hit by cars if the door opens unexpectedly.